Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-01-2018, 07:32   #1

Boat: Beneteau 57
Icom M802 - freq digits just flash problem

Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone has seen this issue before? I have an M802, which is some years old now and on it's second boat. The Problem is that when I power it up the frequency digits just flash, it won't tune, or transmit to a dummy load.

Slightly bizarrely it has done this before and I returned it to Icom who returned it to me stating that it was fine. What I found then was that if I left it connected to 12v but off I would get this problem. However, if I completely disconnected it from power when not in use the problem went away. I used it this year on a crossing of Biscay and even made a modem transmission to Canada so it was working fine.

Anyhow, the flashing light problem is back and it's not going away. A radio HAM in the dock suggested trying a dummy load. I put on the dummy load to the transceiver and disconnected the tuner cables etc. Nothing changed, just flashing lights and it doesn't seem to be transmitting any power (I don't have an SWR meter). I should also say that there is no sound output either, no RX/TX or sound, just flashing digits.

Any ideas, please?

Thanks Malc
SY Destination Anywhere, Spain
mbullock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
icom