Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-07-2014, 22:14   #1

Boat: Hans Christian, Christina, 43
ICOM 710RT AT130 Tuning

I have a ICOM 710RT and AT130 antenna tuner, its set up up to automatically tune the antenna with the change of channel knob, nothing unusuall appears to happen the relays click and I believe the antenna is tuned to the frequency ok, I dont have problems being heard 3-400 miles away.

My question is about the word TUNE appearing on the left hand side of the Display.

Some times the word TUNE will stay displayed when on channel even if I push the tune button the word TUNE will blink but will stay displayed, does this mean the antenna isnt properly tuned??. At other times I have noticed the word TUNE does not remain displayed all the time and after blinking during the tune process will not be displayed.
I am wondering if perhaps the antenna is not being tuned properly every time or is it just a display issue and is nothing to worry about.

Thanks
svmatilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2014, 10:05   #2

Boat: Catalina C-42
Re: ICOM 710RT AT130 Tuning

If automatic tuning is selected in the M710's set mode, tuning starts as soon as you push the PTT switch on the microphone. The TUNE indicator should blink 1-2 seconds and then remain on if the antenna is successfully tuned. If the tuner is unable to find a tuning solution, then the TUNE indicator will not be displayed. When you initially power up the radio, the tune indicator will not be displayed until the PTT switch on the mic is pushed and the tuner finds a tuning solution.
rodney_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2014, 01:08   #3

Boat: Hans Christian, Christina, 43
Smile Re: ICOM 710RT AT130 Tuning

Thanks, that's been very helpful

I just couldn't find that info in the user manuals. I will check out my connections and grounds to work out why I don't get a good tune every time.

Bruce
svmatilda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
icom