Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-09-2013, 17:40   #1

Boat: Endeavour 43
Help with bullet 2hp

I have the bullet 2hp installed on my boat and it works perfect with one exception. I keep my boat on a private dock and the owner has a guest network that he allows me to hook into but I am having problems. It is a linksys router with an unsecured guest mode that is password protected after you launch the browser. The only problem is 98% of the time the browser doesn't show the password page...it just fails to connect.

As I understand how the router works, the browser makes a tcpip request and the linksys router blocks the package traffic until it has received a good password and then allows traffic to go through.

Is there anyway for the bullet 2hp to pass the password to the router so that the computer will be able to connect to the internet without having to go through the browser security page. What am I doing wrong?
brankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2013, 16:00   #2

Re: Help with bullet 2hp

There's two parts to the wifi dance: connecting to the AP, which is your connection to the world, and then communicating with the world (the TCPIP part).

Have you confirmed the first part - establishing the wifi connection? Do you have lots of LEDs lit on the Bullet? If you connect to the Bullet's internal webpage, does it show a good strong connection?

If you're not getting to the guest page where you log in, you probably don't have a connection.
Lake-Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2013, 16:39   #3
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Westsail 32 #676
Re: Help with bullet 2hp

Make sure you are not hitting the linksys with too much power. The stronger the linksys signal is the less output power the Bullet needs.

To check that you are connected to the Linksys go to the main tab and look at the WLAN IP Address just above the "refresh" button in the right hand column of data. If it ends in 1.20 then the Bullet has not connected to the Linksys and received an IP. If you are connected then the WLAN will end in something other than 1.20.

If you are connected and are not getting the browser security page then I would change the Bullet configuration to a Bridge rather than a having it set as a NAT/router and see if you can get the page.