Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-12-2015, 09:33   #1

Boat: jeanneau 39i
have DE1103 need help getting SSB

I know there were past post about the portable DE1103 but I can't find them. I need suggestions how to receive Chris Parker on 4045 band as I do not receive 8. band. I have tried in Brunswick Ga and Ft Lauderdale with no success. I have only used the attached antenna. I have fine tuned the 4050 with no luck. I need to receive in the Bahamas also. Thanks all
jmtindle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 18:09   #2
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

Re: have DE1103 need help getting SSB

I don't know the radio but would suspect anything "consumer sized" with an internal antenna just isn't going to pick up long range marine broadcasts. And using a BFO instead of having dedicated SSB reception modes will just make life harder.

When you talk about a "4045 band" instead of "The four megahertz band" it also may put people off, as it means you're quit possibly needing to start from scratch.

Just because someone is broadcasting, doesn't mean you can receive them. If your radio is adequate, and your antenna is adequate, and you understand the basics of the whole setup...Otherwise, I'd try to go to a local radio shop for some hands-on help. They may also just tell you to "get a real radio" instead of a consumer/home market one that's really designed for things like listening to the VOA and BBC Overseas services.
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ssb