Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-01-2019, 14:46   #1

Boat: Hanse 575, 57' Sloop
H5000 "indicator" use?

The sailsteer display on my B&G H5000 does not show apparent wind. It shows true wind only.

The "T" in the triangle is called an "indicator". On the ZEUS sailsteer displays, you can have apparent wind *AS WELL AS* true wind indicators show up. In other words, 2 triangles. One with a "T" and one with an "A".

We couldn't seem to figure out how to do this on the H5000 (both triangles). I logged a call with B&G, and they said you *CAN* do this if you do what their note back says. Has anyone done this? Added an "indicator" to the H5000 display.

My boat is up on stands for the winter, and I'm hoping someone can confirm this works..

Bg Tech <bg.tech@navico.com>
To:XXXXXXXX

Dec 18, 2018 at 10:28 AM
Bonnie,

On page 20 of the attached manual there is a screenshot taken from the SailSteer page and it looks like you should be able to go to 'Indicators' from the menu and select apparent wind as an indicator (triangle on the dial). If true wind is already present then this way should allow you to see both on a single page.

Thank you for choosing Navico products!
Navico Technical Support

USA Lowrance (800) 628-4487 | lowrance.tech@navico.com
USA B&G & Simrad (800) 628-4487 | bg.tech@navico.com | simrad.tech@navico.com
Accessories Website: http://store.navico.com
Confidentiality Notice:The information in this transmission is privileged and confidential, and is intended only for the recipient(s) listed above. If you are neither the intended recipient(s) nor a person responsible for the delivery of this transmission to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any unauthorized distribution or copying of this transmission is prohibited. This email is not intended, nor shall it be deemed, unless otherwise expressly provided in writing to contain my electronic signature.

Original Issue / Question Description

H5000
Is there any way to get both apparent wind and true wind angles displayed graphically on the H5000? Something like the sailsteer display you get on the Zeus displays, where both the "A" and the "T" are positioned on a relative boat angle? Sailsteer for H5000 does not allow for this it seems.
S/V Black Diamond - Hanse 575 #161
Portsmouth, RI
Black Diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 07:45   #2

Re: H5000 "indicator" use?

I have same problem. Couldn't even get the AWA on a grid page display. Confirm on the network settings you have the masthead unit (MHU) and it's receiving data for AWA and AWS.

Now while in sailsteer it you hit menu a drop-down should appear, one of the options should be "indicators" where you can select AWA. My drop down menu does not have this "indicators" option.
Elektrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 09:03   #3

Boat: Hanse 575, 57' Sloop
Re: H5000 "indicator" use?

I ***made*** a page for the H5000 for apparent wind and some other items. It was pretty easy and works fine, but I'd like to use what supposedly should work.. The B&G tech support (when they get around to answering your question five weeks later) say it should work....
S/V Black Diamond - Hanse 575 #161
Portsmouth, RI
Black Diamond is offline   Reply With Quote