Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-12-2012, 20:23   #1

Garmin Wind Vane

I just installed a Garmin GWS 10 wind transducer and a GMI 10. Installation was straight forward and everything worked as advertised.
The problem was on the 3 rd day after installation I notriced the wind vane was missing upon inspection I found it on the dock. Beleiving that maybe I had jarred it loose going up the mast I reinstalled it making shure that it was on all the way. Two days latter it was gone again and no where to be found it could have went in the water or into some ospreys nest. I talked to Garmins tech poeple and received no help. Yep it just snapps on and they told me that had not heard of a lot of problems where the vane had come up missing. They could offer no help as to maybe using a epoxy or super glue to hold it on. When buying a replacement on the internet everyone had them on back order. Does anyone have a fix for this, I dont want to install the new vane unless I can insure that it will stay. I'm getting too old to keep going up and down the mast besides it cost $36 at WM or Garmin. How do I keep the vane on. How can I keep the ospreys off.
Jerry66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 20:31   #2

Boat: Currently boatless
Re: Garmin wind vane

Jerry,
Mine doesn't fall off, but I seem to recall someone else on this forum in the same situation as you. I don't think an adhesive would be of much help. If your GWS 10 is still under warranty, I suggest you return it.

Tags
garmin, wind