Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-08-2009, 02:14   #1
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Garmin + Raymarine?

Raymarine confirms sale talks with Garmin

Raymarine issued a brief statement, on August 17/09, confirming that it is in preliminary discussions with mobile navigation giant Garmin and other parties concerning the possible sale of the British-based marine electronics manufacturer.

"The board of Raymarine notes the recent press speculation regarding potential discussions with Garmin Ltd and reconfirms that it is in preliminary discussions with a number of parties, including Garmin, which may or may not lead to a sale of the company.

"The company continues to explore a sale of the business or an equity fundraising and, in the absence of either of these, to secure additional medium term debt facilities with its banking syndicate.

"The board notes that, at this stage, there can be no certainty that an offer will be made nor as to the terms on which any offer might be made. At present, it is not known whether any offer will provide any value for ordinary shareholders."

More: ➥ UPDATE 3-Garmin in talks to buy Britain's Raymarine | Deals | Mergers & Acquisitions | Reuters

And: ➥
Garmin says any Raymarine bid will be in cash | Deals | Reuters

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2009, 03:41   #2

Two companies with bad customer support means a new one with even worse customer support. What would be good is a MFD product which has a decent user interface. The Ray C and E suck.
Sandero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2009, 05:24   #3

Boat: Prout Manta 38' Catamaran - Sunspot Baby
Raymarine, despite some rants here, have always been supportive for me. They even help me with my ancient Autohelm units when I call.

On my boat at least, their products work and their local authorized service people know their stuff.

I hope that if bought out, the new company will continue to support the existing product line. I would hate to have to completely replace my instruments.

George
Bob Seger
Sunspot Baby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
garmin, raymarine