Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 19:11   #1

Boat: Cal-Jensen 34 w Yanmar 3
Send a message via Skype™ to sonAdmiralson
pirate free to air satellite system/HD antenna?

I just got the newest model 23" LG flat screen LED HDTV and it comes with its own tv reciever. Needs a step up to 18v converter. I am trying to decide if I should get one of the new HD amplified antennas. or both. Im wondering if the satellite signal will constantly be lost with the rocking of the boat. FTA need a 36 inch dish, which I could stow below when not in use, and just deck mount it for use. The antenna would be another story, ugly and probably would blow to pieces in a year. Its pretty tempting to tap into FTA, there is a 12V downconverter box with more features than you could figure out in a lifetime, for around 160 bucks, and you get quite a few of the popular channels for free, from all over the world like the BBC PBS, ABC etc as well as all the really weird stuff. The downconverter boxes come with USB slots that can download pirate hacking codes that are available in the dark corners of the net. Florida is littered with HD TV broadcast antennas, however the Carribean is way behind it seems. cheers. any folks out there with successful sattelite dish tv advice
sonAdmiralson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna, satellite