Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-01-2015, 10:28   #1

Boat: Velamar 32
EV-100 tiller drive breaking apart

After 24 hours of sailing in somewhat harsh conditions (beating in 20kts or more) the ram rod of my brand new Raymarine EV-100 tiller drive unscrewed itself from inside the drive and came out.

Does anyone know how I can screw it back without having to take the unit to a RM dealer? I bought it 3 months ago, installed it and tested it early December and set for a long cruise when it failed after less than a total of 30 hours useage. My problem for a "under warranty"repair is: the unit was bought in the US but the boat is in Brazil and RM representative there does not honor RM warranty if a device was not bought through them.

Philippe
kilimandjaro is offline   Reply With Quote