Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-04-2014, 06:45   #1

Dual Vessel Views -vs- Single Vessel View on Dual Cummings

Hi. I'm new to the forum.

I have a new Grand Banks 43EU on the way from Malaysia which I ordered direct from the Factory. When offered an additional Vessel View at each helm as an option, I decided it was unnecessary.

I have had several smaller boats with the Vessel View system running dual motors and have always felt that one Vessel View was fine. Frankly, the Vessel View is usually set on the main engine screen showing RPM, Sync, temp, PSI, Etc for both engines. I figured if I had 2 of them side by side, the only thing that would happen would be separating each engine - same screen - side by side. I have never felt the display text was too small - so why give up real estate for the second Vessel View.

The only other screen that I would use on the Vessel View would be the Generator Screen, but both helms on the Yacht have a dedicated Generator Monitor. I also figured that it might be difficult to get that going on the Grand Banks, since it appears that with the Dual Vessel View option GB splits the engine data, and you are forced to run one engine per screen, unless you cross connect both engines to both Vessel Views.

I have found that most of the other features on the Vessel View are pretty useless, since all of my previous boats, and this one, have had and will have Dual Display Black Box systems (thinking of a Garmin 8500 system for the GB) on each helm, which do a much better job with pretty much everything else.

Any thoughts, have I made a mistake or do you agree?
MV WOLFPACK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
single