Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-12-2009, 06:51   #16

Boat: MAINSHIP, GRAND SALON, 41
Richard,
hope you had a nice christmas... OK, I do not have the ceiling room to do what you suggested, however I do have 4 engine covers, totaling about 5' X 8'... can I still run the foil back and forth, then jump from one hatch to another? that said, the ceiling is insulated, with alum. cover I can only assume that it would be a bad thing for the copper strips to touch this, I can cover this or turn it face down, either way no big deal.. the other thing, you say to put a bolt in to hook up the wire to the tuner, wire, or 2" copper strapping??? if wire what size, going on bigger is better.. and if wire, can I use wire to connect the 4 hatch covers? I hope I am being clear. you also said that more gto-15 wire is better... I have about 20' of this wire.. how much longer would you like it to be? oh, you did say the closer to the base of the antenna the better... the sole deck is about 2-1/2 feet down, and the run to the counterpoise to the tuner would be 6'
john
KJ4HVA
"one orr in the water"
again my thanks for all your help.
JOHN-MAINSHIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2009, 15:48   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN-MAINSHIP View Post
Richard,
OK, I do not have the ceiling room to do what you suggested, however I do have 4 engine covers, totaling about 5' X 8'... can I still run the foil back and forth, then jump from one hatch to another? that said, the ceiling is insulated, with alum. cover I can only assume that it would be a bad thing for the copper strips to touch this, I can cover this or turn it face down, either way no big deal.. the other thing, you say to put a bolt in to hook up the wire to the tuner, wire, or 2" copper strapping??? if wire what size, going on bigger is better.. and if wire, can I use wire to connect the 4 hatch covers? I hope I am being clear. you also said that more gto-15 wire is better... I have about 20' of this wire.. how much longer would you like it to be? oh, you did say the closer to the base of the antenna the better... the sole deck is about 2-1/2 feet down, and the run to the counterpoise to the tuner would be 6'
john
KJ4HVA
"one orr in the water"
again my thanks for all your help.
Hi John,

From the above it looks like plan " B ". Having trouble trying to visualize where the engines are located relative to the Tuner. Could you explain
where the Hatch covers are and what are they are made of ? Are you saying that each engine has two hatches? could you take a couple of pictures?
Laidback is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
counterpoise