Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-04-2007, 09:31   #1

Boat: Tayana FD-12
Connector for JRC 1000

The salty tropics are taking a toll on my electronics. the 10 wire connector at the panel of the JRC 1000 had deteriorated pretty badly. I managed to re-solder the wires into an old plug I had from before. I've heard that the unit will not even start if all connections are not good. So it took me few days of patient soldering to get the connections to work. So now the unit starts up, and the NMEA LAT/LON/Speed are being displayed along with all other radar functions. However after few days, the radar stopped functioning. When I press the xmit button the radar scan just stands still as opposed to sweeping across. I suspect that the wire carying 12V to the rotating antenna element has a bad connection and so the antenna is not rotating. Does anyone know which wire might that be?
Petar
phorvati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2007, 15:14   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Boat: Gozzard 36
Send a message via Skype™ to Pblais
I had something like what happened to you but it was not at all related to the connector. The motor went bad. You could try to hear if the motor is working and no signal is coming or if the motor has stopped if it has voltage and is itself bad. Sometimes when you fix a problem you find a new one that was unrelated to the first. The same elements at work in another location. At least a motor isn't a huge bill.
Pblais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2007, 11:24   #3

Boat: Tayana FD-12
Got it to work. It was a weakly soldered wire that carries the ground side of the circuit for the motor. It was hanging by the last of tiny threads. As soon as I re-soldered it with enough connection surface the radar funstion started working. I hope it continues to work. JRC didn't respond to email at all. Few years back they did answer buch of installation questions via telephone. Anyway, I am glad its working again.
phorvati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2009, 11:18   #4

phorvati,

Are you sure we received your email? Our spam filters can be pretty strick sometimes.

Please email any questions you have to marineservice"at"jrcamerica.com.

We try to answer all questions the same day if possible.
JRC Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 22:33   #5

JRC 1000 Radome connections

Hi, not sure if this thread is still active.
I have a JRC 1000 radar on my yacht. During shipping the mast was removed. unfortunately the persons removing the Radome from the mast just pulled the wires out and left the plugs in.
I am able to see the colors of the data cable, but the three power wires are pulled out with no colors left in the connector.
Is there anybody that has a unit that I can get a picture of the inside to get the locations of the 3 power wires?
The Plug is marked with a 1 on the one side but I am not sure of the order of these power wires.
Thanking you.
wolfh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:38   #6

Hello Wolf,

The power wires will differ depending on the length of the cable you have. They will either be Green, Yellow and White if the cable is 15m or 20m or the wires will be Red, Blue and Orange.

It's not a big dea though. Here's how the break out:

Green or Red goes to the 1A pin which is pin number 1 of P1
Yellow or Blue goes to the 2A pin which is pin 2 of P1
White or Orange goes to the +12V pin which is pin 3 of P1

To make it a littel easier, the Green or Red wire will go into the connector at the position closest to the stepper motor. That is pin 1.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.
JRC Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:34   #7

JRC 1000 Radome

Many thanks for the reply with this information, I have the red, blue and orange wires.

This is a great help, I will now be able to re-assemble the plug power plug.

Again many thanks to the JRC Support team for a speedy reply.
Old 12-05-2009, 22:18   #8

In this day of shoddy service I mus again thank the guys at JRC America. Not only did they solve my problem in a most speedy way, they actually sent me a replacement part at no charge.

Keep up the good work at JRC.