Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-02-2016, 14:00   #1

Boat: Shin Fa 458 Custom Cutter but looks like a Liberty 458
Connecting to the IridiumGO wifi.

We bought an Iridium Go over a year ago and love it. Here's a mystery we just can't seem to figure out.
I turn on the unit and wait for it to connect. then I turn on my IPad and it connects just fine. I then turn on an Acer computer(new)and it will connect also. I shut off the computers as I go so as to not over load the GO. I then try mySamsung and it connects as does my Smart Phone(Samsung).
Now here's the problem. My second Acer computer(smaller) just won't connect to the GO. With all others off line or turned off, it still won't connect. I've checked the setting for the other Acer and mirrored them on the second one with no change. it just won't connect. I know the Wifi on the computer is running fine as it will easily connect to my other wifi router running a ground based internet. I spent 86 minutes with the GO support people and even let them take over the computer and do some of the setting up and connection checks and they can't figure it out. They suggested a master reset of the GO but since it's working fine on every other piece of computers we have, it didn't seem the smart thing to do as it would ruin all the setting up we had already done that was working fine.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
mestrezat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 22:51   #2

Boat: Dufour 310
Re: Connecting to the IridiumGO wifi.

is the acer a chrome operating system. i have had trouble with these. i suspect the acer rather than the go

Sent from my SM-G900P using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
ben373 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
iridium, wifi