3. SETTING AND ADJUSTMENT
After installing the equipment
, set up the own ship’s static information (MMSI, IMO
number, ship’s name, call sign, type of ship and GPS antenna
position). Also, set
up the I/O ports
3.1 Setting MMSI, IMO No., Name and Call Sign
1. Press the [MENU] key to open the main menu.
2. Press ▼ on the cursor pad to choose INITIAL SETTINGS and press the [ENT]
key. The following password entry window appears.
Password entry window
3. Enter the password. The INITIAL SETTINGS window appears. Note that the
password is known by only the FURUNO
SET INT ANT POS.
SET EXT ANT POS.
SET SHIP TYPE
SET I/O PORT
Note that if the password is wrong, “VIEW” is displayed in stead of “SET” in the
4. SET MMSI is selected; press the [ENT] key to display the SET MMSI window.
IMO NO: 000000000
SET MMSI window
5. MMSI is selected; press the [ENT] key. By using the cursor pad, enter ship’s
MMSI (Maritime Mobile Service
Identity) in nine digits. To set value, press ▲ or
▼ key and to change the digit, press ◄ or ► key.
6. Press the [ENT] key and the IMO NO is selected.
7. Press the [ENT] key and enter ship’s IMO number in nine digits. If the IMO
number has 7 digits, enter “0” twice followed by IMO number. If the ship has no
IMO number, enter nine zeroes.
8. Press the [ENT] key and the NAME is selected.
9. Press the [ENT] key and enter ship’s name, using up to 20 alphanumeric
10. Press the [ENT] key and the C. SIN is selected.
11. Press the [ENT] key and enter call sign, using up to seven alphanumeric
12. Press the [ENT] key.
13. Press the [MENU] key to save the settings.
Note: If you enter incorrect data, do the procedure from step 1.