Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-12-2014, 10:26   #1

Boat: Celestial 48
Cell Phone in Mexico

Last year we got a SIM card from Telcel in Mexico and payed monthly fee for cell phone coverage. Now I see an option from AT&T for GoPhone service that covers usage in Mexico. Looks like only $.01 per minute within Mexico or to/from Mexico to USA or Canada plus $55/mo plan. This sounds like a very good deal.

Has anyone been using this AT&T option and have any comments please?

Thanks
US, Mexico & Canada $55 Monthly Plan
Dennis.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2014, 13:13   #2

Re: Cell Phone in Mexico

We got a 1000min for like $10 extra on our Verizon plan (data not included)
valhalla360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 09:50   #3

For anyone using the Mexican provider's Telcel Amigo phone and data "pay as you go" plan. They've made it nearly impossible to refill your account via foreign credit card. Telcel now requires, in the middle of a refill transaction, a little game to be played. The client confirms the transaction and is then informed Telcel will charge their credit card some trifling amount (a fraction of a peso). The client is then instructed to phone their bank and ask for the exact transaction amount and enter that number in a web form. If you don't do it, for instance: if your only form of communication happens to be the Amigo data plan you are trying to refill, or your home cellphone which won't connect to the Telcel system, your credit card is blocked. The only solution is to find a Telcel office and refill your account in person.
CSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2015, 00:57   #4

Boat: Cheoy Lee Seamaster 47'

I'm not sure how you got to such difficulties.... I just recharged my Tecel Amigo plan from Vancouver, BC with Canadian credit card by logging on mitelcel.com and entering the amount in pesos I want to recharge with. Simple! No fus, no mess. I'm traveling to mexico in a week or so and I know my cell will be operational when I get there, as my credit is 212 pesos and good till June.
seamaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cell phone, Mexico, phone