Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 23-10-2014, 04:46   #16

Re: Best Waterproof IPad Case?

Got a LifeProof case aswell. The 3.5 mm special seal plug broke first time I screwed it in the case. The case Got cracks in every corner but stills hold together. How ever its the best case I tried, as you touch the screen directly, Not through some silicon cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum

Old 23-10-2014, 05:01   #17

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 430

Lifeproof.

Old 23-10-2014, 05:08   #18
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Oyster 53 Cutter

I've had a Lifeproof nuud case on my Ipad Air for almost a year, it works great in every way. Easy access to all the controls and plug in ports. While on the boat during sailing days, it wears the Lifeproof lifejacket. The only thing, which isn't really a problem, is that you'll need to put the ipad in standby mode via a different method other than pushing the button on top. Easy to get used to doing it. Works much better than my old zip lock bag.

I have an extra Lifeproof case and lifejacket for ipad 2,3,4 for sale. I purchased them by accident for an original Ipad. The 2,3,4 case won't fit the IPad Air or iPad 1. If interested, send me a pm, the items are currently on ebay under kenomac priced under $47 brand new.
Old 23-10-2014, 07:30   #19
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Manta 40 "Reach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstreep View Post
Lifeproof is a great case. Practical Sailor judged them best - and we love ours.

HOWEVER, their "customer service" uses the definition of "service: what a bull does to a cow". It is about the worst there is. It took me about a month to get a defective iPhone case that ARRIVED defective, replaced. AND, they made me pay to send it back (with a tracking number).
That's interesting. I had just the opposite experience. I bought a cover for my iPad Air Nuud case. This cover is a terribly designed product, does not fit well, is heavy, and the magnets are in the wrong position to activate the iPad's magnetic latches.

I mean, a truly awful product - don't buy the iPad Air Nuud cover (the case itself is fantastic, and the covers for the earlier iPads and the iPad mini work and fit just fine).

So I wrote them and told them what an awful product this is, that it should be pulled from distribution and they should apologize to those customers who bought it (I'm not the only one - the web is full of people complaining about this specific product).

They immediately responded to me and said they were sending me another one with no need to return the old one. I responded to that by telling them not to bother unless there was a complete redesign because the current design will never work on the case. They wrote back and said they would send me another case free of charge with no need to return the old one.

I told them again not to bother because I had no way of receiving it, but they had already shipped it all. Now I have two of these - one here and one 3,000 miles away

So maybe this was bad service in a way, but at least they were responsive.

Mark

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.
colemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2014, 07:51   #20

Best Waterproof IPad Case?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenomac View Post
I've had a Lifeproof nuud case on my Ipad Air for almost a year, it works great in every way. Easy access to all the controls and plug in ports. While on the boat during sailing days, it wears the Lifeproof lifejacket. The only thing, which isn't really a problem, is that you'll need to put the ipad in standby mode via a different method other than pushing the button on top. Easy to get used to doing it. Works much better than my old zip lock bag.

I have an extra Lifeproof case and lifejacket for ipad 2,3,4 for sale. I purchased them by accident for an original Ipad. The 2,3,4 case won't fit the IPad Air or iPad 1. If interested, send me a pm, the items are currently on ebay under kenomac priced under $47 brand new.

Different method?

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 27-10-2014, 23:38   #21

Boat: Islander 44

I use a new 1 gallon zip lock bag each trip. After the sail I use the bag to clean up after the dogs
sailmauinui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2014, 01:15   #22
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Bundaberg Queensland/Lake Bolac Victoria, Australia
Boat: 45ft Ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgenfd View Post
I found this expensive French case (ITabNav) that allows charging while totally emerged in water. The YouTube video has some critiques though. Is charging really necessary while out in the weather?

Are there other good cases that allow charging while maintaining protection?
I have a moxiware — Waterproof iPad Case and moxiware — iPad waterproof connector , both work very well....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060523_zpse8e8532c.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	90437  
Old 10-01-2017, 14:30   #23

Boat: Hunter 386

Any updates/new products for 2017?

Macblaze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags