The original question doesn't give enough information. It's like asking, "what type of vehicle should I get for the least price
?" The best answer might be either a skateboard or a Hummer. It sort of depends on other requirements.
- Is waterproof/water-resistant use imporant?
- Is visibility in direct sunlight important?
- What charts are needed (what parts
of the world)?
- Is power a consideration?
- What other instruments are onboard and do you expect to connect them and view their data together?
- Is there radar
onboard? What type, manufacturer, etc?
- Given that cost is a major consideration, what about ongoing costs for charts? In other words, is there an advantage to being able to use freely available charts or are supported ones more important?
The answers to those questions will provide a list of chartplotters that really fit the needs. Usually, the best chartplotter
for the application usually finds you after that because the choice becomes more obvious.