I just loaded the most recent software
for the B&G Triton displays and boy is it packed with new and better functionality.
The following are some of the new functions:
- Combination graphic display like the wind
display, only one can use any data they want
- Time to Port Layline
- Time to Stbd Layline
- Distance to Port Layline
- Distance to Stbd Layline
- Sailing time to waypoint
- Sailing distance to waypoint
- Sailing estimated time of arrival
- Heel angle (both number data and adjustable graphical display)
angle (both number data and adjustable graphical display)
- Air Temperature
- Complete engine
functions - the number of functions it will display is quite large and all of them can be graphed and temporally analyzed
gauge and numbers
- Trim tabs port and stbd (not applicable for a sailboat)
Surprisingly, the newest operator manual released with the software
does not mention half of the new stuff. I think B&G is going full guns
updating and adding functionality and the engineering and documentation
departments are a bit out of step.
Here are some example pictures:
1. 3 displays: a combination graphic showing speed through water
with additional numerical values around it (SOG, VMG, Ave speed and max speed), another display showing heel angle and a third display showing the wind plot with adjustable time running down the display and numbers showing current
wind speed/direction as well as lowest, average and maximum speed/direction
2. A combination graphic showing expanded AWA with other wind numerical data around it. Keep in mind that this graphic template can display any graphic and numerical data you want, and that the max value displayed in the graphic is user adjustable.
3. Another example of an expanded AWA graphic. The max values on this graphic are also user adjustable for any thing you want to display.
graphic - same template as the wind in #3, only showing fuel. (ignore that box line around it - that is my fault and not part of the display).
If only they would come out with an AIS radar
And if you have the Zeus chartplotter
, that also has new software for it with extra functions and tighter integration with the Tritons.