Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-03-2014, 22:51   #1

B & G Network Pilot to Tacktick wireless for Vane mode

B & G pilot

Hello I'm reaching out to anyone that might know how to interface tack tick raymarine wireless instrument data into an older B & G Network Pilot. The Pilot has 3 modes of operation compass, waypoint from a GPS and Vane mode from a masthead wind angle vane. I have the compass and waypoint modes working well from the NMEA input jack on the Pilot instrument head. I am struggling trying to find a way to get the Pilot to work in the Vane mode with my Tacktick instrument package. I have captured the NMEA with a Tacktick-Raymarine wireless NMEA interface. I also have a ShipModul NMEA multiplexer with Wifi installed to help with various NMEA interfacing. The Pilot NMEA input jack apparently does not accept AWA apparent wind angle NMEA sentences so I was wondering if there is a method of inserting the AWA data into the Pilot head via the other Pilot jack that is normally used to daisy chain the different B & G Network instruments together? Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions appreciated.

Scott
Scott Joel is offline   Reply With Quote