Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-03-2014, 10:26   #1
Registered User

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 11
Australian Radio Licence from Overseas

Hi all,

I'm an Australian currently overseas in the process of buying a yacht to sail back to Australia. I'll do the Australian registration, but in order to obtain an MMSI and technically use the SSB I'll need a radio licence which I don't have. I'm also keen to install an AIS transponder...

Is there a way around this? My reading on the AMSA site says that a written test must be taken under supervision. Does anyone know if there is a way to complete this overseas or another way to get a mmsi number?

Appreciate the advice.
badey0015 is offline   Reply With Quote

Australia, enc, radio

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
licence upgrade captjohn360 General Sailing Forum 4 09-12-2015 06:04
Australian Resident Importing Australian Reg Boat garrytas Boat Ownership & Making a Living 24 06-03-2014 04:18
Radio Station Licence for Canadian yacht? Prairie Chicken Boat Ownership & Making a Living 6 23-02-2014 19:21
Question regarding licence number Acoron Meets & Greets 14 11-07-2008 12:59
ham / ssb licence requirements british flag vessels douglas family Marine Electronics 11 01-05-2007 01:05

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:35.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.