Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-01-2013, 08:23   #1

AP - broken belt

I have an Autohelm ST 4000 Plus,by Raymarine. My belt went out this weekend and I'm trying to locate a company that makes replacement belts. Raymarine say they don't have them and where i can get one. West Marine the same. Except to buy a new AP. Mine is working perfectly except for the belt.
stella maris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:47   #2
cruiser

Boat: O'day 32 CC Ketch
Re: AP

Gates and dayco are automotive brands that make all sorts of belts, If you have the old one measure it and hunt belt manufactures. Ive not seen the belt style you need, but I think its a toothed timing belt style, thats not too wide 1/2" or 3/8" maybe? Im sure you can find a belt even if is not a direct fit or related to autopilots in any way, just bypass marine stuff completely.
RabidRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:58   #3
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Retired Delivery Capt
Send a message via Skype™ to Snore
I just checked my part supplier of last resort... eBay and found at least a dozen ST4000 belts up for sale

Take a look

Bill
"Whenever...it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off- then, I account it high time to get to sea..." Ishmael
Snore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:38   #4
cruiser

Boat: O'day 32 CC Ketch
Re: AP

My post advice was assuming that the OP had done tons of leg work and exhausted all options and searched long and hard for belts. All to often CF is the first place people go for basic info, before doing the really easy stuff. Like google or E-bay. Sorry its just one of the things that really grinds my gears.
RabidRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote