Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-07-2019, 12:49   #1

Airmail does not recognize GPS

I have a BU-353S4 GPS attached to COM4 on my laptop running Windows 10. I know that it is working because I can run an app that came with the GPS and it shows my correct location.

I run Airmail in conjunction with my ICOM M802 SSB. It works too. The GPS gives Airmail my location that is used to determine the best shore station.

I was using Airmail, closed it, and then started it again. Now Airmail does not recognize the GPS.

In Airmail I go to Windows >>> Position Reports >>> Click on Data Input Enabled, and because there is no data input the data window is opened. In the GPS Input area I select COM4 that I know is the correct port for the GPS. When I check the box for the Airmail to use this port for the GPS I get the following error: “COM4 is already I use. Check settings and connections.”

Yes, it is in use by the GPS. When I click on advanced port settings it shows that COM4 is Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port, which is correct.

Do you know what I’m doing wrong? I’m baffled.

Marcus
mlibkind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2019, 12:53   #2

Re: Airmail does not recognize GPS

The problem was that Airmail did not like that I was running the GPS app. I guess it doesn't want to see two apps accessing the same port.
mlibkind is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gps