Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Our Community
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-10-2011, 10:17   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag
worked on land--live on sea..now cruise full time....

coy--best save me some rum......lol
Always have some for ya... ;-)
coyfish9906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2011, 11:32   #32

Boat: Snapdragon 890
Re: Who Makes a Living on the Water ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacana View Post
Hi GIXERJEN, I live on an island on the Gold Coast,Queensland,Australia where its beautiful one day and perfect the rest and operate my catamaran sailing charter from my house as I live on the water and have a pontoon berth at my house.Google Sovereign Islands Gold Coast Australia
Cheers
Geoff
Wow. wow wow wow wow wowww!

That is stunning!
gixerjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2011, 13:36   #33

Boat: Maxim 38 ft catamaran

Gixerjen, if you log on to my website www.goldcoastsailing.com.au and have a look in the" where to go section" there are a couple of pics of my "Office".
Recently had a group of doctors from the UK and took them out to a sandbank in the Broadwater where they had there own island and played a game of cricket had fresh prawns for lunch washed down with a few icy cold beers,plenty of singing as we sailed back up to my place.
Jacana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2011, 14:21   #34

Boat: in between boats

Didn't hear from any one running day charters, or sunset cruises on their smaller sailboats that they also live on. I am thinking about morning coffee croissant cruises around the SD bay by motor and afternoon and sunsets sail cruises. Work it with one boat to start, probably Catalina 36's, and then acquire another to actually live on after the first becomes busy making more than living expenses. Hopefully end up with four money makers and one nice one to call home. Channel Island cruises for up to a week out of Ventura area maybe. I know we are in a down economy, but people still want to get out on the water. Those that once aspired to own their own boat now may very well be content to a couple sails a year on a chartered Catalina 36 with friendly and knowledgeble capt. Most of my friends are sure that I will end up broke and starving living on the anchor somewhere, so be it. Healthy, happy, out of the rat race and away from the madness.
"The biggest failure is the failure to fail", Albert Einstein I believe, or something to that effect.
Call me willing to fail, because it doesn't look like any passive income in the near furure for me and probably be unemployed soon. Gonna spend most all of my money on a boat, ain't much, and take life as I find it.
Fish, seaweed soup and vitamin C. Maybe a little left over for rum and beer. Thin, healthy and free. Or so the dream goes. Will face reality as I find it.
Soon to be on water again, even if it takes my last dollar.
LarryB
larryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2011, 20:07   #35

Boat: too many

Retired Merchant Marine, union was Masters, Mates, & Pilots. Looking forward to new passages on my schedule and choice of destinations.
deckofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2011, 21:01   #36

Boat: Prior boats: Transpac 49; DeFever 54

Worked as comercial fisherman, seining, gillnetting and trolling, towed logs, barges and beachcombed through the late 50's and 60's, continued towing larger barges, bundle booms and float camps through the 70's, got into deliveries and charter work in the 80's and 90's living aboard in San Diego, several go's at marine environmental work on contract in the 90's, cut back on delivery work/charters and retired mid 2000's. Great life, wouldn't change a thing... Capt Phil
Capt Phil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water