Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Our Community
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 15:18   #16
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pearson 422
Re: What are your Voyaging Hopes, Plans, Dreams or Vague Intentions for some day!

Finish the boat. Spend the next couple of years hanging around the US east coast until I can collect retirement.

THEN, cross the Atlantic to see Europe.

First stop, Jersey to see if I can figure out what on earth they put in the water over there. Must be something considering what effect it has on some of the residents.
skipmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 15:42   #17

Boat: 40' searunner trimaran
Re: What are your Voyaging Hopes, Plans, Dreams or Vague Intentions for some day!

Get more people interested in independent living on the sea. Start nautical communes where 4 or more people work together to buy a boat and re-fit and provision it and sail into thier dreams. Get a convoy of sailing communal boats and travel to magical places as a community of off the grid rainbow sailors liviing as independantly as our skills and nature will allow us. That is my dream.
trimarannaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 15:50   #18
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by trimarannaga View Post
Get more people interested in independent living on the sea. Start nautical communes where 4 or more people work together to buy a boat and re-fit and provision it and sail into thier dreams. Get a convoy of sailing communal boats and travel to magical places as a community of off the grid rainbow sailors liviing as independantly as our skills and nature will allow us. That is my dream.
"Magical places" are there any left ?
Old 01-03-2013, 15:50   #19
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: What are your Voyaging Hopes, Plans, Dreams or Vague Intentions for some day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimarannaga View Post
Your not James Cornell are you...

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 16:12   #20

Well my plans and dreams have changed over the years. Recently discovered a lot of joy in my local waters now that I have more time to explore rather than be time limited by vacations while working. My girlfriends need for winter vacations has allowed us to charter in a number of tropical places around the world so I have had some experience in seeing these various areas around the world. So the wanderlust has been satisfied somewhat. Though I am planning on hanging out in the U.S. and Spanish Virgins over the winter in about two years. Probably hang out in the Florida Keys one winter too. My desire for a Transatlantic trip has been satisfied by a trip On the QM2 a few years ago. But, that does not mean I won't do it again. Though the gale that we experienced on the crossing may have had something to do with why I don't think I would try it on a smaller craft. Though a 600 mile trip to Bermuda might be in the cards at some point. I find contentment being on a boat wherever I am. I might be three miles or three thousand miles away from the home port.
Old 01-03-2013, 16:24   #21

Boat: 40' searunner trimaran

To goboatingnow. Yes there are magical places. I have been to them and i am at one now. Want a list of places i have found magical?
In the carribean, blanquilla, los aves, san blas islands, and cuba.
In the south pacific, ua po, nuku hiva, the tuomotus, suvarow, niotoputapu and some of the islands in vanuatu.
In southeast asia there are the indonesian islands. The butangs of thailand and ko payam.
This is just some of my favorites off the top of my head. And then there is the open sea on a pleasant day....or the magic of the open sea the day after the storm from hell... And i guess some might think the awesome power of a storm might be magic but i try to avoid those...
If you cant find the magic in the places you sail to then perhaps you need a stronger pair of glasses.
trimarannaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 16:29   #22

Start in the coastal waters of B.C. After a few years start to venture farther. Ultimately the South Pacific. Then up to Europe. This is my dreams and hope they turn into reality.
travisD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 18:10   #23

My dream is simple. All I want is about 40' of sailboat and get away from it all.
Miniyot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 18:22   #24

Boat: Tinker Traveller...a dozen feet of bluewater awesomeness!

Sail to Rapa Iti, then come back to the States to solve the mystery of "What happened to Bill Bergovoy?"
snort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 18:42   #25

Boat: Catalina 36

Leave in three to five years and just go wherever.

Although that 'never be cold again' idea looked pretty good too.
CatInHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 18:45   #26

Boat: Outremer 50S

Galapagos, Easter, Pitcairn, Horn, Tierra del Fuego and surrounding channels.
Dsanduril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 18:56   #27

Boat: Now we need to get her to Louisiana !! she's ours

Connie and I have been there done that, why back !! did the Atlantic, did the Pacific, did the Med, but never did the RTW! never saw the need !! Now we just want to go to warm places south of us! and spend our nights swinging on the hook again! no plan no time to be anywhere !! Just want to go day to day !! We are way to old to have any kind of plan !!!
Old 01-03-2013, 19:41   #28

Boat: Hinterhoeller Nonesuch 30U

I will gunk-hole around the Chesapeake for another summer, building skills. MAYBE venture north to LI Sound. Think about changing marinas for one in Annapolis next winter. Work for seven more years with progressively wider reach north. Retire and explore the NE coast to Maine and further North. No desire to cross huge bodies of water but HUGE desire to explore the many beautiful anchorages near shore. Maybe not do the entire thing alone.
Old 03-03-2013, 17:09   #29

I live in Tuktoyaktuk (you can google that) and passing through Florida over the holidays (2013) bought a 33.5 Irwin in Hobe Sound. Moving to Florida June 29th, and beginning the next adventure of my life! Day cruising, overnight, then bahamas, one trip to the Great Lakes to visit family, and from there, back out the St Lawrence, Newfoundland, Baffin Island, Greenland, Bermuda, Puerto Rico and hopefully to Brazil for the World Cup!! Simple enough??
Cap10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 22:19   #30

Boat: too many

Only because DOJ asked will I commit to "plans" in print. You know what it is about plans, they always change. On my first solo cruise, if you can call it that, just going from Long Beach to Mulege in the Sea of Cortez, my thoughts were I love this lifestyle and want to do it forever and circumnavigate. Went to CMA for my Unlimited and did that, only not solo, or my vessel, or choice of destinations or my time frame.

Now after seeing the world via big powerboats of 850', I'm thinking of staying with powerboats but on a more personal size of 40'. But not the typical dead dinosaur juice guzzling diesel but rather cutting edge technology green method of solar electric propulsion. Before I settled in Santispac, while cruising the Sea of Cortez my typical passage hops were 100 nm. The Caribbean is perfect for these 100 nm hops. Hang on the hook for a week, exploring in my electric kayak that thanks to lithium batteries has an 80 mile range, recharge from the mother ship. After a week of the solar panels soaking up the sun and topping off the propulsion bank of LiFePO4 cells, ready for another 100 nm passage at the blistering speed of 4 kt. Then do it again. Great Loop, Caribbean, Mexico, PNW, it is all good.
deckofficer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Dreams, Hopes, Plans, Vague Intentions!