Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-01-2015, 05:39   #76
Freelance Delivery Skipper..
 
boatman61's Avatar

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PORTUGAL
Posts: 20,217
Images: 2
pirate Re: Weird Question- Swinger Propositions

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
They lose the SA....
Was gonna post 'Went bankrupt and lost their SA...' but figured the non EU would not get it..
__________________


Born To Be Wild
boatman61 is offline  
Old 05-01-2015, 06:08   #77
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus
 
Hud3's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Virginia
Boat: Island Packet 380, now sold
Posts: 8,929
Images: 49
Re: Weird Question- Swinger Propositions

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinger View Post
Hey, pervy lurkers Hot, sailing, swinging woman here. Let's see how long it takes for some prude to report me.

"Swinging" aka "The Lifestyle" is alive and well. My husband and I have met literally thousands of couples from around the world at lifestyle resorts, cruises, conventions (really!) and local parties. If two are good, four is better. Six is...yummy. As long as all are consenting adults, a fantastic time can be had.

You know how you guys watch internet porn? Yeah, well, we get to live it. And no, we aren't unattractive trolls. People in the lifestyle tend to take much better care of their physical appearance than those who are not, because they know that they still need to impress. I'll bet that most of you need to drop 30 pounds (at least!) and shave that dead rat off your face, so watch the judgement. If somebody in the lifestyle wants to "play" with you, consider it a compliment.

Hubby and I are going to pull up the anchor in a few years and have been wondering how to continue to meet sexy couples while cruising. We NEED a cruisers swinging forum!
Welcome to CF, swinger. You might want to check out the Sailing Naked social group here on the Forum.
__________________

__________________
Hud
Hud3 is offline  
Old 05-01-2015, 06:26   #78
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4,883
Re: Weird Question- Swinger Propositions

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
I know that traditional vows are out of fashion; but whatever happened to "forsaking all others"?
Already covered. Those who add that to their vows, presumably also are against singles having a little fun. The point is as a society, we have reached the point where most people could care less if singles do stuff, so why would it matter if couples choose to do so. I would distinguish this from cheating or pressuring, that is a violation of trust. This is about everyone involved voluntarily participating.

Then again, if you want to go biblical, King Solomon was rewarded by God with:
- 100 wives
- 300 concubines
- Girls without number

That hardly sounds like foresaking all others. (though some might not consider it a reward and to keep it nautical) You would need a lot bigger boat.

I'm still waiting to hear, was the couple polite and reasonable when they were declined? That would put things in a whole different light.
__________________
valhalla360 is online now  
Old 05-01-2015, 06:28   #79
One of Those
 
Canibul's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Turks and Caicos Islands
Boat: Catalac 12M
Posts: 3,209
Re: Weird Question- Swinger Propositions

What the hell......has Hefner taken up sailing????
__________________
Expat life in the Devil's Triangle:
http://2gringos.blogspot.com/
Canibul is offline  
Old 05-01-2015, 06:39   #80
CF Adviser
 
Pelagic's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Oct 2007
Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer
Posts: 6,895
Re: Weird Question- Swinger Propositions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canibul View Post
What the hell......has Hefner taken up sailing????
No...just a few heffers whose life has turned 50 shades of grey.

Living in the Philippines I am certainly not a prude..... but I do believe that a newbie promoting Swinging.... is just poor semen-ship!
__________________
Pelagic is offline  
Old 05-01-2015, 08:01   #81
Moderator Emeritus
 
GordMay's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario - 48-29N x 89-20W
Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Posts: 31,586
Images: 240
Re: Weird Question- Swinger Propositions

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhalla360 View Post
Those who add that to their vows, presumably also are against singles having a little fun. The point is as a society, we have reached the point where most people could care less if singles do stuff, so why would it matter if couples choose to do so...
Singles & couples are different.
Singles may be involved.
Married couples are committed.

The difference between involvement and commitment is like ham and eggs. The chicken is involved; the pig is committed.

After nearly 50 years of marriage, I've learned that marriage is the best teacher of all.
It teaches you loyalty, commitment, forbearance, meekness, self-restraint, forgiveness, and a great many other qualities you wouldn't have needed if you'd stayed single.
__________________
Gord May
"If you didn't have the time or money to do it right in the first place, when will you get the time/$ to fix it?"



GordMay is offline  
Old 05-01-2015, 08:08   #82
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Paradise
Boat: Various
Posts: 2,360
Re: Weird Question- Swinger Propositions

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
After nearly 50 years of marriage
Wifey B: I still have 37 years to go...50 years will be on my 72nd birthday. Good for you Gord. I don't know if you're in the minority here or the silent majority but congrats to you and your wife. It's nice to hear from someone with such a long marriage.
__________________
BandB is offline  
Old 05-01-2015, 10:29   #83
Moderator
 
HappyMdRSailor's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: May 2008
Location: North Mississippi
Boat: 48 Wauquiez Pilot Saloon-C22 Chrysler Sunpiper- 19 Potter-Preparing to cruise w/my girl
Posts: 5,980
Re: Weird Question- Swinger Propositions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
Alive, yes. Doing well, I wouldn't say that. It seems to attract some pretty sleazy people. I'm not condemning them all just saying that there are a lot of people doing it that you would definitely not want to be with. Seems to be more of a late middle age crisis thing. I've seen photos of some swingers' clubs that I would only enter wearing the protective gear for Ebola and even then not willingly.
Seen pictures eh???

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinger View Post
Hey, pervy lurkers Hot, sailing, swinging woman here. Let's see how long it takes for some prude to report me.

"Swinging" aka "The Lifestyle" is alive and well. My husband and I have met literally thousands of couples from around the world at lifestyle resorts, cruises, conventions (really!) and local parties. If two are good, four is better. Six is...yummy. As long as all are consenting adults, a fantastic time can be had.

You know how you guys watch internet porn? Yeah, well, we get to live it. And no, we aren't unattractive trolls. People in the lifestyle tend to take much better care of their physical appearance than those who are not, because they know that they still need to impress. I'll bet that most of you need to drop 30 pounds (at least!) and shave that dead rat off your face, so watch the judgement. If somebody in the lifestyle wants to "play" with you, consider it a compliment.

Hubby and I are going to pull up the anchor in a few years and have been wondering how to continue to meet sexy couples while cruising. We NEED a cruisers swinging forum!
Viva la lifestyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhalla360 View Post
Already covered. Those who add that to their vows, presumably also are against singles having a little fun. The point is as a society, we have reached the point where most people could care less if singles do stuff, so why would it matter if couples choose to do so. I would distinguish this from cheating or pressuring, that is a violation of trust. This is about everyone involved voluntarily participating.

Then again, if you want to go biblical, King Solomon was rewarded by God with:
- 100 wives
- 300 concubines
- Girls without number

That hardly sounds like foresaking all others. (though some might not consider it a reward and to keep it nautical) You would need a lot bigger boat.

I'm still waiting to hear, was the couple polite and reasonable when they were declined? That would put things in a whole different light.
So how many wives would he get for doing something horrible???

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
Wifey B: I still have 37 years to go...50 years will be on my 72nd birthday. Good for you Gord. I don't know if you're in the minority here or the silent majority but congrats to you and your wife. It's nice to hear from someone with such a long marriage.
+1
__________________
In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair...

Mai Tai's fix everything...
HappyMdRSailor is offline  
Old 05-01-2015, 10:51   #84
Registered User

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 299
Re: Weird Question- Swinger Propositions

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
Singles & couples are different.
Singles may be involved.
Married couples are committed.

The difference between involvement and commitment is like ham and eggs. The chicken is involved; the pig is committed.

After nearly 50 years of marriage, I've learned that marriage is the best teacher of all.
It teaches you loyalty, commitment, forbearance, meekness, self-restraint, forgiveness, and a great many other qualities you wouldn't have needed if you'd stayed single.
I'm just coming up on 40 (years of marriage, that is) and Gord is absolutely right. In the immortal words of Martin Harvey, "H-u-u-u-ge difference."
__________________
bill352 is offline  
Old 05-01-2015, 10:59   #85
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Western Med
Boat: 52' Crealock Farrington staysail schooner
Posts: 81
Re: Weird Question- Swinger Propositions

Well oh my goodness! Its amazing how many Baptists show such interest in a topic like this.
Just when you thought you had gotten past the fear of pirates, sharks and the perfect storm, the swingers drop the hook next to you! i think it all the fault of new boat manufacturers. Have you noticed what the interiors of those boat show boats look like these days? If thats not a Love Hotel Im not sure what is. Im not sure I ever had a bed that size! Not to mention ice machines, wine coolers, no stain cockpit cushions and gensets bigger that most mains for all those appliances like that funny lookin electric toothbrush, all standard now! All that luxury and the sea can only lead to impure thoughts. Im not quite sure what my excuse is.but Im workin on it............
__________________
barnaclejim is offline  
Old 05-01-2015, 11:07   #86
Registered User
 
Celestialsailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In Mexico, working on the boat
Boat: Hallberg Rassy 35. and 14ft.Whitehall pulling skiff.
Posts: 8,013
Images: 5
Re: Weird Question- Swinger Propositions

I got most of these types of activities on the front end of my life when I was a biker gallivanting Canada and the US on my Harley.
I worked at a Harlyey shop in Santa Cruz, Ca. and it was not uncommon to go to a different party every night where anything went with anyone's "Ol Lady". Thank god it's outta my system now and I am settled into a relationship based on trust, love and monogamy.
I have no attachment to what others do but my feeling is, that eventually it has to affect a relationship negatively. I could be wrong.
__________________
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"

http://wwwjolielle.blogspot.com/
Celestialsailor is offline  
Old 05-01-2015, 11:08   #87
Registered User
 
Dulcesuenos's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Florida Keys, Bahamas Bound
Boat: 38' French Cat
Posts: 2,828
Images: 4
Re: Weird Question- Swinger Propositions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelagic View Post

but I do believe that a newbie promoting Swinging.... is just poor semen-ship!
Just waiting for this to turn to a discussion about sealing bungholes any time now,,,,,,,


Sent from my LG-LS980 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
__________________
Dulcesuenos is offline  
Old 05-01-2015, 11:22   #88
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4,883
Re: Weird Question- Swinger Propositions

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
Singles & couples are different.
Singles may be involved.
Married couples are committed.

The difference between involvement and commitment is like ham and eggs. The chicken is involved; the pig is committed.

After nearly 50 years of marriage, I've learned that marriage is the best teacher of all.
It teaches you loyalty, commitment, forbearance, meekness, self-restraint, forgiveness, and a great many other qualities you wouldn't have needed if you'd stayed single.
What exactly is the "difference"?

If everyone is in agreement, what committment has been violated (again those who are against all activities outside of marriage are already covered seperately). We aren't talking about one partner doing something against the will of the other, that would be a violation of trust and committment.

While I commend you on your 50yrs of marriage and agree with the items you list, they don't preclude any of this.
__________________
valhalla360 is online now  
Old 05-01-2015, 11:57   #89
One of Those
 
Canibul's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Turks and Caicos Islands
Boat: Catalac 12M
Posts: 3,209
Re: Weird Question- Swinger Propositions

Wow, I just added it up, and I've been married for 34 years! Three different wives,it's true, but hey, who says I can't make a commitment, huh?

As for that swinging thing, I bet it's exciting as heck while it's going on but I also bet there are a whole lot of miserable morning afters when people realize that the important relationship in their lives just changed forever. Again.
__________________
Expat life in the Devil's Triangle:
http://2gringos.blogspot.com/
Canibul is offline  
Old 05-01-2015, 13:11   #90
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4,883
Re: Weird Question- Swinger Propositions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canibul View Post
As for that swinging thing, I bet it's exciting as heck while it's going on but I also bet there are a whole lot of miserable morning afters when people realize that the important relationship in their lives just changed forever. Again.
I suspect you are making the assumption, they are unhappy with thier current relationship and looking for a replacement. In that case it probably would make things worse.

If they are happy and committed to each other though, why would they be miserable?
__________________

__________________
valhalla360 is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Weird Sounds from Below unbusted67 Liveaboard's Forum 41 17-07-2010 15:42
Weird Vibrations, Too... Fishman_Tx Engines and Propulsion Systems 1 01-09-2009 15:48
Weird Vibrations unbusted67 Engines and Propulsion Systems 27 26-08-2009 18:44
Weird battery stuff sneuman Electrical: Batteries, Generators & Solar 7 16-12-2008 11:47



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:21.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.