Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-01-2016, 14:42   #91

Re: Tax Advantaged Benefits For Sailors

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindwardPrinces View Post
Reading comprehension is fundamental. You seem to have missed a few things.

The OP is female. She's the one who used the term "emotive". I used the term judgmental, about myself. Several of the posts in the thread are about setting up a fake charter business with the express purpose of claiming a tax loss.

I'm not doubting the intentions of the OP. She seems like a nice person, and has been fairly straightforward in her questions.
Thanks Belizesailor for the quick sex change. It was fast and painless. Just kidding. I've had to learn not to worry about misconceptions too much. Being a women in what is still a male dominated field has been a surprise to some. :-)

WindwardPrinces. Thanks for saying I seem like a nice person. I try to be. We all have our foibles and faults but I do try to be nice. Attack someone else and I will come out fighting in defence of others. That brings out the worst in me but again I try to play and be nice. You all are nice as well. Thank you.

Regards,
Chaya
GoingWalkabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 15:10   #92

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

So what's up with the 2 CF accounts. I thought we weren't suppose to do that. Moreover, what's up with the 90 degree avatar...just curious.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 15:23   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestialsailor View Post
So what's up with the 2 CF accounts. I thought we weren't suppose to do that. Moreover, what's up with the 90 degree avatar...just curious.
I don't know how the two accounts happened. Was not by design. Would love for them to be merged. I was given a tip the other day that I need to crop my pic smaller and then the pic won't flip on its side. I will try to do it tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks.
Old 04-01-2016, 17:08   #94

Boat: Wildcat 35, Hobie 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindwardPrinces View Post
Reading comprehension is fundamental. You seem to have missed a few things.

The OP is female. She's the one who used the term "emotive". I used the term judgmental, about myself. Several of the posts in the thread are about setting up a fake charter business with the express purpose of claiming a tax loss.

I'm not doubting the intentions of the OP. She seems like a nice person, and has been fairly straightforward in her questions.
Sorry, misinterpreted your post.
belizesailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 17:11   #95

Boat: Wildcat 35, Hobie 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingWalkabout View Post
Thanks Belizesailor for the quick sex change. It was fast and painless. Just kidding. I've had to learn not to worry about misconceptions too much. Being a women in what is still a male dominated field has been a surprise to some. :-)

No problem, no extra charge!

I don't generally pay attention to gender here...not particularly relevant to sailing and even less so to financial/tax matters, and avatars are hard to see on the mobile app.
belizesailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 17:15   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by belizesailor View Post
Sorry, misinterpreted your post.

No worries. Fair winds.
WindwardPrinces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 17:49   #97

I plan to retire to a 45-50 Cat this October. My thought is to keep it all contributory crew, and avoid paying for paid crew. Take a look at Crewbay , I have engaged crew that way with great success. Sailing is cheap unless you make it expensive. I won't be paying any taxes after I retire though. I will charter as a last resort. If you have fewer then six paying passengers you only need Captain with OUPV license (s) you need two if overnight

You are trying to shelter income it creates?
Viedeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 18:29   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by belizesailor View Post
No problem, no extra charge!

I don't generally pay attention to gender here...not particularly relevant to sailing and even less so to financial/tax matters, and avatars are hard to see on the mobile app.
Old 04-01-2016, 18:32   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viedeau View Post
I plan to retire to a 45-50 Cat this October. My thought is to keep it all contributory crew, and avoid paying for paid crew. Take a look at Crewbay , I have engaged crew that way with great success. Sailing is cheap unless you make it expensive. I won't be paying any taxes after I retire though. I will charter as a last resort. If you have fewer then six paying passengers you only need Captain with OUPV license (s) you need two if overnight

You are trying to shelter income it creates?
I can see where your coming from and am sure you will be happy. As they say different horses for different courses. I'm leaning more to keeping my privacy. You must be very excited about your approaching new life on a cat. Congratulations and happy sailing.

Regards,
Chaya

Tags
sail