Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-11-2016, 11:33   #1

steady hand

Thanks for the smaller boat thread.still looking for more info on pearson 26..going to check the net for owner groups..and some other posts here i am ordering all asa new books..got a latist copy of chapmans for my bday 2weeks back..plus i have takin power squad.classes over the years with dad..after lookin some more at the pearson i think this will be a great starter.sailboat..if still there this spring..going to jump..just need a little more info ..self check..the start of a long dream..thanks again and to the forum..lots of knowledge.and good will..later..a fan
dirtydon1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 12:08   #2

Re: steady hand

To my last post..did the thing..do not know why i did not..but..whent on the weg..found.alot.of info on pearson 26..do not know if i am allowed to .post a site..mods if wrong.sorry..dan pfeiffers..lots of info..alot if salt water boat because.of alum rudder shaft..core issues.deck issues..if any one lookin check it out..got me some info..and like this site hope to pass it boat on...later again.peace. dirtydon. thanks again.to the site
Old 13-11-2016, 12:39   #3
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

DirtyDon1960,

I realize you are new to the forum. I am glad you found some of my tips helpful to you.

Once you get further acquainted with Cruiser's Forum, you will find there are many members who have very extensive boat owning experience and sailing knowledge, and they may have already have written about any of the boats you might consider buying or about topics which concern all cruisers. That is where that tip on researching will come in handy to get you fast answers to your likely questions.

I started sailing over 40 years ago, but to many members here, I am a newbie, and in many areas I agree!

So, I don't claim to be an expert on anything related to sailing, because I know I will always be learning something new about sailing or boats. My attitude is to keep an open mind and approach each situation as a learning opportunity, as I think that is the best way to keep learning and growing and I honestly find it fun.

Sailing is such a broad and mutifaceted activity, with so many different things to learn and know and countless challenges too. That is what I LOVE about it as much as I enjoy actually sailing the boats and feeling a boat respond to wind and wave. I learn something new about sailing every day and actively seek new knowledge about boats. It is a never-ending process for me, and once you get hooked on boats and sailing, I bet it will be that for you too.

So, keep your eyes open, use the research and forum tips I sent you (and will send to anyone who asks), and don't hesitate to ask for help or to post a new topic when you can't find the answer after searching in the archives. There is so much good content here that I have spent many hours just enjoying reading what others have discussed in the past.

Before you know it, after you get some experience with your own boat or on Other People's Boats (OPB) you will find you may have some answers for new members or newbies too. Even Old Salts can learn something new too.

And there is always that chance that something you alone know from local knowledge or your own past experience will help someone here too.

So, I am glad you have joined CF, glad you have found it helpful, and hope you will enjoy your time aboard here as I do, and wish you good luck on your own boat search.

It is a long journey to really know sailing, but I sincerely wish you and others a Bon Voyage!
Steadman Uhlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 12:48   #4

Thanks again..hoping to give some of knowage.with small deseil engines..i work on srteet sweepers ..with saller pony engines..isuzus perkins.john deeres.kabotos.and some others..also small heavy equipment.engines.may be able to help cross ref.the smaller e gines in boats to farm equip engines and help trouble shoot..this forum has a great bank of info and if i can help with my knowage.to give back i will..thanks avain