Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 12-01-2013, 09:49   #226
Resin Head

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Nauticat
Re: Sign the petition to prosecute the Lake County Sheriff that killed the sailor

This part makes me extra pissed off.

Donna Perdock makes one other interesting point. She says Russell Perdock uses eye glasses to drive at night or when his eyes are tired. Perdock has testified he was not wearing glasses at the time of the crash. Donna Perdock says Russell Perdock's night vision is so bad that she had to direct him around buoys at night, even though he was familiar with their location. She says, "Driving on a moonless night in the dark? That was my first inclination of the reason why he didn't see the sailboat."
Donna Perdock continues, "I hope they dismiss this whole, entire case. Even if (Bismarck Dinius) was drinking, sitting there at the tiller, it doesn't matter. He should not be charged with Lynn Thornton's death; there is absolutely no reason. He was sitting there minding his own business when Russell slammed into him. The wrong person is being accused ... I feel so bad for Bismarck Dinius and his wife. It's just so unfortunate they can't get on with their lives."

Old 12-01-2013, 09:57   #227

Boat: Switch 51
It's a good point. It's not only that Purdock is getting away with murder ... or more likely manslaughter ... but that Dinius's life was ruined to effect Purdock's coverup.

Old 12-01-2013, 13:16   #228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestialsailor

I think all your points are valid. I actually signed the e-petition before it went so sideways. Which happened later on in the thread mostly from the extreme view of the OP from one view and an ex-LEO from the other side. This has sort of turned into a gun/anchor/Dems vs. Rep thread. There seems to be an effort to win a conversation where there should never be a winner. I see drunks all the time when I'm sailing. To me, it's an unfortunate fact of being on the water.
I don't see this as an effort to win a conversation. I see this as a noble effort to see some sort of justice here. We all make mistakes, and ruining more lives is never a good thing, but purdock needs to be held accountable to some extent and at the very least, he should not be collecting a taxpayer paycheck, AGAIN! He probably needs a few more years to be eligible for a pension.

Driving a powerboat too fast at night, not wearing glasses, while probably intoxicated was a really bad decision that killed someone. Using a position of power to weasel your way out of it, and then sit by and let the good old boys network try to incarcerate one of the victims is unforgivable.
Old 12-01-2013, 17:06   #229

Boat: Hallberg Rassy 35. and 14ft.Whitehall pulling skiff.
Re: Sign the petition to prosecute the Lake County Sheriff that killed the sailor

Like I said...I signed the petition, so I agree that Perdock should be tried. Never the less, people here have begun to polarize over the issue, tit for tat. So if you think that is noble, have at it.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"

http://wwwjolielle.blogspot.com/
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 17:57   #230

Boat: S34 Bob Stewart - 1959 Patiki class. Re--built by me & good mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestialsailor View Post
Like I said...I signed the petition, so I agree that Perdock should be tried. Never the less, people here have begun to polarize over the issue, tit for tat. So if you think that is noble, have at it.
Different rules for different people is somewhat polarising in itself.

OK, so my response to Sabray was rude, I apologies for that sabray.
And anyone else who took exception to my goading to sign. Be happy in your belief that your legal system is going to protect your life, rights & property.

I bet friends & family of the deceased feel somewhat polarised too.

My intent was not to call a display of "colours" on CF.
At least this "polarisation" may lead to heightened public awareness of what can happen.
Old 12-01-2013, 17:58   #231

Boat: PETERSON 44
Very often facts get mixed with emotion. Our reporting news etiquette thrives on this. There are some disturbing facts and a lot of opposing information, what is reported is often missing good science.
It wasn't true that sailboat operator was sober. We don't know had he been sober what he may have done. Perhaps he could clearly tell us today he had running lights on and he sounded a horn. Being drunk he lost command of the situation.
Don't change the information and then slam me for seeing how one sided this had become.
Power boat guy was no angel. Maybe a county is so bad that it can be corrupt. My guess is that citizens won't put up with that crap.
I was not trolling I enjoy most of deck officers post. I disagree that this is so clear.
Old 12-01-2013, 18:06   #232

Boat: too many

The citizens didn't put up with it. The DA wasn't re-elected and Perdock lost his job, only to be put on the Fire Protection Board. He still has connections. I present to you Russell Perdock, still living off of the citizens of Lake County.
deckofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 18:20   #233

So democracy works. We can all breath a bit deeper. While hoping that our media gets us better information.
Old 12-01-2013, 19:31   #234

Boat: Formosa Georgian Mk IV 62' Dolce Vita

The government has run amuck . Get a rope!
Old 12-01-2013, 19:48   #235

What?
Old 12-01-2013, 20:13   #236

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckofficer View Post
The citizens didn't put up with it. The DA wasn't re-elected and Perdock lost his job, only to be put on the Fire Protection Board. He still has connections. I present to you Russell Perdock, still living off of the citizens of Lake County.
You mean the petition had no affect, and he isn't going to be prosecuted?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sy Dolce Vita
The government has run amuck . Get a rope!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabray
What?
I think he was pretty clear. At least I understood it.
-Bruce

Ballenxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 21:06   #237
cruiser

Boat: O'day 32 CC Ketch

I have a low tolerance for cops (oink) and its clear no justice is coming to this anytime soon. Only because the cop is a cop, if I had done it I would so be in jail. What else is there, the cop is a cop, and cops tend to favor cops. I read a piece in the newspaper here 3 years ago that pointed out very few go into policing for the right reasons. The percentage of bullies, people who used to be bullied, and people looking for power over others is far greater than nice guys wanting to help society. Sure many cops are fine officers of our laws, But a greater number are very flawed. Even the good cops would think twice before turning on one of their own. Will they ruin their career to get justice for a stranger? not likely.
Old 12-01-2013, 21:16   #238

Boat: too many

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballenxj View Post
You mean the petition had no affect, and he isn't going to be prosecuted?

-Bruce
Bruce, I didn't start the petition, just started this thread. What they are hoping to do is present all the signatures to the new DA in an effort to have charges brought against Russell Perdock.
deckofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 21:29   #239

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckofficer View Post
Bruce, I didn't start the petition, just started this thread. What they are hoping to do is present all the signatures to the new DA in an effort to have charges brought against Russell Perdock.
Well I hope the new DA see's fit to do so. If this were you or I, it would have happened a long time ago.
-Bruce

Ballenxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2013, 11:08   #240

Boat: S34 Bob Stewart - 1959 Patiki class. Re--built by me & good mate.

I am surprised it took so long to muster a thousand signatures. If we are so apathetic, we deserve the system we have.

Also, if the last DA was voted out partly (it was suggested) because of dissatisfaction with the handling of this tragedy, wouldn't it be a given that the new DA would support the petition?
Is the inertia partly owing the fact that very few people want to view the police in a mortal manner?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: