Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 18-11-2012, 09:22   #136
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Maxi 77 - Relax Lah!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestialsailor

Some how I just can't see a petition as a "lynch mob" or "vigilante justice". You have no opinion on guilt or innocence yet you seem to be judging peoples pro-activeness towards having the Sheriff at least investigated for his actions.
DO & CS - I am fully up to speed on the inbreeding in Lake County. It is a sad little place full of sad little people most of whom seem to spend their weekends drunk on the lake.

Please understand my point - If county courts were to prosecute people simply based on the signatures of 1,000 people gathered globally it would be a sad way to run a community. If the County community can't get this done without a bunch of outsiders weighing in then maybe the light should be shone on the county first.

No offence but some dude in Denmark signing a petition that some citizen should be prosecuted is a stupid way to run a railroad. And if I am the defense attorney that is the first petition I file.

And of course if the current DA won't prosecute and the community is not happy with him, you oust him too. Presuming he wants to keep his job, he has at least looked at the evidence (now many years old) and said, "we can't win this, why waste taxpayer money?"

Local problem, local politics. Still a BS thread.

And you are right. I do have an opinion - Both Perdock and the sailboat skipper (not the tillerman) are criminally negligent. The fact that the only person brought to trial was the tillerman says a hell of a lot about that county.

Ex-Calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2012, 09:34   #137

Boat: too many
Re: Sign the petition to prosecute the Lake County Sheriff that killed the sailor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestialsailor View Post
Some how I just can't see a petition as a "lynch mob" or "vigilante justice". You have no opinion on guilt or innocence yet you seem to be judging peoples pro-activeness towards having the Sheriff at least investigated for his actions. If the thread is BS, then why bother with it?
I see the petition as "it can't hurt". I didn't start the petition but got involved when I heard about it. We are so close now, needing only 16 more signatures, why not get it done and see?

As to the dude in Denmark, if nothing else it conveys the world is watching.

deckofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2012, 10:14   #138

Boat: Hallberg Rassy 35. and 14ft.Whitehall pulling skiff.
Re: Sign the petition to prosecute the Lake County Sheriff that killed the sailor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Calif View Post
DO & CS - I am fully up to speed on the inbreeding in Lake County. It is a sad little place full of sad little people most of whom seem to spend their weekends drunk on the lake.

Please understand my point - If county courts were to prosecute people simply based on the signatures of 1,000 people gathered globally it would be a sad way to run a community. If the County community can't get this done without a bunch of outsiders weighing in then maybe the light should be shone on the county first.

No offence but some dude in Denmark signing a petition that some citizen should be prosecuted is a stupid way to run a railroad. And if I am the defense attorney that is the first petition I file.

And of course if the current DA won't prosecute and the community is not happy with him, you oust him too. Presuming he wants to keep his job, he has at least looked at the evidence (now many years old) and said, "we can't win this, why waste taxpayer money?"

Local problem, local politics. Still a BS thread.

And you are right. I do have an opinion - Both Perdock and the sailboat skipper (not the tillerman) are criminally negligent. The fact that the only person brought to trial was the tillerman says a hell of a lot about that county.
I'll agree to disagree about the BS part. But I did get a good laugh about the inbreeding.
I for one am glad people at least make an effort to voice their opinion for change through a petition. It is the best part of who we, as a nation. If we didn't have a voice, things like this might happen more often. Your point about the Prosecutor is a good one...vote the shmuck out.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"

http://wwwjolielle.blogspot.com/
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2012, 11:38   #139
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Maxi 77 - Relax Lah!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestialsailor
I'll agree to disagree about the BS part. But I did get a good laugh about the inbreeding.
I for one am glad people at least make an effort to voice their opinion for change through a petition. It is the best part of who we, as a nation. If we didn't have a voice, things like this might happen more often. Your point about the Prosecutor is a good one...vote the shmuck out.
I don't like to think of myself as a troll but I felt an alternate viewpoint on this thread was worthwhile.

Reading through the first post remiinded me of Monty Python's Holy Grail skit about witches.

"So, if she weighs the same as a duck, she is a witch - BURN HER!"

Many people signing the petition I am sure just love a good witch burning...
Ex-Calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2012, 11:42   #140

I think most that have signed would prefer a good house cleaning and some justice in what you correctly described as a LEO inbreed community.
Old 18-11-2012, 13:02   #141
Moderator... short for Cat Wrangler

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cal 28 Flush Deck

Quote:
What sort of justice is going on in Lake County?

The district attorney must prosecute someone regardless of evidence if a petition with enough signatures is received?

Sounds like vigilante justice to me.

This whole thread is total BS...
What sort of justice? How about there has been NO justice in any reasonable sense of the word.

And no one is wanting the DA to prosecute without evidence, we want him to prosecute WITH the evidence. Thus far this case has cleverly ignored the body of evidence.

I don't think calling a public servant (using that term VERY loosely, given the DA's performance up to this point...) to account is a lynch mob. Seem like a healthy public response to what has been in my eye a shambles.

And ya can always unsubscribe, Dan, if it's too much BS ; -)

ain't what ya do, it's the way that ya do it...
sarafina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2012, 19:33   #142

Only 13 more, bump.
Old 18-11-2012, 19:51   #143

Boat: 1975 Dufour 31

I signed it a couple days ago
Old 18-11-2012, 19:54   #144

Boat: Hunter 240 & 28.5
Signed!
Old 18-11-2012, 21:37   #145

Down to 12. Looks like we will wrap it up right here on CF.
Old 18-11-2012, 23:48   #146

Location: Currently in South Pacific. Home Port: Vienna, Austria
Boat: Celestial, Stay'sl-Rigged Sloop, 48 ft

We Austrians prefer to remain neutral. {Well, except for that little misunderstanding back around 1914-1919.} But what I've read about this case seems to indicate that a more thorough review is needed.

Signed, and 10 to go.
svmariane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2012, 00:38   #147

Boat: Lagoon 440

Done, let justice prevail.
Old 19-11-2012, 15:25   #148

Stalled at 8, we can do this before Thanksgiving, right?
Old 19-11-2012, 15:56   #149

Boat: Seaward 22

Quote:
I don't like to think of myself as a troll but I felt an alternate viewpoint on this thread was worthwhile.

Reading through the first post remiinded me of Monty Python's Holy Grail skit about witches.

"So, if she weighs the same as a duck, she is a witch - BURN HER!"

I wouldn't say vigilante....I would like to see it go to the grand jury. let them decide if there is enough evidence to proceed.
Old 19-11-2012, 22:30   #150

Boat: Under construction 35' ketch

Quote:
Or just imaging themselfes to be rammed by a local "thug" giving the blame to you..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: