I am sharing this very recent news story for a couple of reasons:
1. A young sailor is fighting for his life after a tragic accident
that caused 3rd and 4th degree burns on 75% of his body and the amputation of both legs. There is a GOFUNDME account set up to help the family
expenses. Details on that via the article, in case any CF member
would like to help.
2. The accident
happened during a very common boating
activity; storing a trailer sailor boat
. The boat
was being put in storage
in a yacht club lot, when the mast
touched an electric
power line while the sailor had his hand on the trailer hitch. He received a powerful electrical
shock that burned him severely.
More details here:
A friend has set up a GoFundMe account for John Harrison Doucet, a 20-year-old Gulfport resident who is fighting for his life after an electrical
shock Sunday evening at the Gulfport Yacht Club.
Doucet was parking his sailboat on a trailer at the yacht club when the accident occurred, assistant Fire Chief Kevin Lundy said. Doucet was removing the trailer from the boat at the time. The boat tilted upward as the trailer released. A guide line from the boat’s mast
touched an electrical transmission
line, Lundy said, striking Doucet because his hand was on the trailer hitch."
Read more here: Gulfport sailor fighting for life after electrocution at yacht club | SunHerald