Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Our Community
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-08-2014, 17:29   #1
cruiser

Boat: Whiting 29' extended "Nightcap"
Sea Recovery, Village Marine and Parker Hannafin

Has anybody else noticed the drastic decline in product and spare parts support for their watermakers since corporate giant Parker Hannafin swallowed them whole?
I had a part not sent from California for over two weeks despite repeated emails and communication. This resulted in the cancelleation of a two week charter on a client's high end vessel, the cancellation of an plane charter to fly in the guests and a loss of a certain amount of credibility to several businesses.
Parker Hannafin's response was "sorry for your inconvenience!!!" I would print their side of the story but they refuse to communicate. The cost of their poor service cannot be compensated but they haven't even offered an excuse or said what they'll do to make sure it doesn't happen again, let alone tendered a genuine apology and acknowledgement of their dismal performance.
I can no longer recommend any parker Hannafin products to any of my clients if this is the level of support they offer.
NoTies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2014, 11:18   #2

Boat: Westsail 32', 205' Barque
Re: Sea Recovery, Village Marine and Parker Hannafin

I don't have any experience with watermakers, but I have experience with Parker Hannifin.

I used to be a buyer for BAE Systems (defense contractor), and we purchased a lot of hoses, fittings, and valves from Parker. They were, hands down, the worst company I had to buy from. Total lack of customer service, no communication, price increases year over year, long lead-times, and the list goes on. Most of the time, they would just send me over to a distributor. I was almost always willing to pay more for a good distributor and let them deal with the headache of Parker, but try explaining that to the DoD. I dealt largely with Hydradyne Hydraulics as a Parker distributor - out of Houston. They were usually pretty good.
rb1685 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marine, Sea Recovery