Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-05-2019, 17:58   #1

Boat: Phoenix 18 catamaran
Sailboat Mast

Last week I went to the local salvage yard to buy aluminum scrap. I make all sorts or things from aluminum such as tables, trailers, antenna masts etc. I got there just in time to buy a 27 foot Sailboat Mast and Boom, with all of the clad stainless steel hardware (headstay, backstay,shrouds etc.) for $51. It is in pristine condition all around. The closest mast to this one that I could find on the internet was $800 without the hardware.
I do not currently have a sailboat, so I am trying to figure out what to do with it.
Selling it may be a problem since shipping would be expensive. If you know anyone in Wyoming or nearby that needs a 27' mast and boom, let me know. I can make them a great deal on this.

So far my options are to have the classiest flagpole in the State, or use it to hold a wind turbine.
KnightSailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, mast, sail, sailboat

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: