Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-09-2013, 13:14   #91
cruiser

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: medusa NY
Boat: Tayana Surprise 45 schooner "Union Pacific"
Posts: 2,098
Re: Russians board Arctic Sunrise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by svmariane View Post
In 1985 the Greenpeace ship Rainbow Warrior was bombed and sunk by the French DGSE in Auckland, New Zealand, as it prepared for another protest of nuclear testing in French military zones.

:che ers:

so the french have won a war!
__________________

__________________
scoobert is offline  
Old 22-09-2013, 13:22   #92
Registered User
 
OutOfControl's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Fernandina Beach, FL
Boat: Key West 2020 CC
Posts: 213
Re: Russians board Arctic Sunrise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snkr View Post
So GP was getting pissy about oil drilling off shore? Hmmm wonder what powers their vessel?

__________________

__________________
OutOfControl is offline  
Old 22-09-2013, 13:38   #93
Registered User
 
Celestialsailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In Mexico, working on the boat
Boat: Hallberg Rassy 35. and 14ft.Whitehall pulling skiff.
Posts: 8,013
Images: 5
Re: Russians board Arctic Sunrise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobert View Post
whales kill people. proven fact. kill them all like we did the dinosaurs.
Now aren't you the guy that once claimed to have a really high IQ?
__________________
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"

http://wwwjolielle.blogspot.com/
Celestialsailor is offline  
Old 22-09-2013, 13:39   #94
cruiser

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: medusa NY
Boat: Tayana Surprise 45 schooner "Union Pacific"
Posts: 2,098
Re: Russians board Arctic Sunrise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestialsailor View Post
Now aren't you the guy that once claimed to have a really high IQ?
once, no, still, yes. whats your point?
__________________
scoobert is offline  
Old 22-09-2013, 13:50   #95
Freelance Delivery Skipper..
 
boatman61's Avatar

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: UK/Portugal
Posts: 20,197
Images: 2
Send a message via Skype™ to boatman61
pirate Re: Russians board Arctic Sunrise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobert View Post
once, no, still, yes. whats your point?
I think you just made it....
__________________


Born To Be Wild
boatman61 is online now  
Old 22-09-2013, 13:51   #96
Nearly an old salt
 
goboatingnow's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 13,649
Images: 3
Re: Russians board Arctic Sunrise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobert View Post
:che ers:

so the french have won a war!
French Military Victories

1870Battle of Gravelotte - August 18th
1870Battle of Sedan - September 1st
1870Siege of Metz - September-October
1884Battle of Foochow
1914Togoland - August 26th
1914First Battle of the Marne - September 5th-10th
1914First Battle of the Aisne - September 12th-15th
1914Battle of Champagne
1915Third Battle of Artois - September 15th-November 4th
1916Battle of Verdun
1916Battle of the Somme - July 1st-November 18th
1917Second Battle of the Aisne - April 16th-May 9th, October 24th
1918Battle of Belleau Wood - June 1st-26th
1918Battle of Chateau-Thierry - July 18th
1918Battle of Amiens - August 8th-11th
1922Battle of Maysalun

Not to mention military activity in Africa , Desert Storm, Afghanistan etc

The full list goes back several hundred years, When the US has such a distinguished military history come back to us OK.

Really dont denigrate the 100,000s of french soldiers lost in the 20 the century alone

Leave the "freedom fries BS" for the rednecks.
Dave
__________________
Check out my new blog on smart boat technology, networking and gadgets for the connected sailor! - http://smartboats.tumblr.com
goboatingnow is offline  
Old 22-09-2013, 13:52   #97
Registered User
 
Celestialsailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In Mexico, working on the boat
Boat: Hallberg Rassy 35. and 14ft.Whitehall pulling skiff.
Posts: 8,013
Images: 5
Re: Russians board Arctic Sunrise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobert View Post
once, no, still, yes. whats your point?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image003.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	67675  
__________________
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"

http://wwwjolielle.blogspot.com/
Celestialsailor is offline  
Old 22-09-2013, 13:57   #98
Freelance Delivery Skipper..
 
boatman61's Avatar

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: UK/Portugal
Posts: 20,197
Images: 2
Send a message via Skype™ to boatman61
pirate Re: Russians board Arctic Sunrise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestialsailor View Post
So good I HAD to see it twice...
__________________


Born To Be Wild
boatman61 is online now  
Old 22-09-2013, 13:58   #99
cruiser

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: medusa NY
Boat: Tayana Surprise 45 schooner "Union Pacific"
Posts: 2,098
Re: Russians board Arctic Sunrise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
French Military Victories

1870Battle of Gravelotte - August 18th
1870Battle of Sedan - September 1st
1870Siege of Metz - September-October
1884Battle of Foochow
1914Togoland - August 26th
1914First Battle of the Marne - September 5th-10th
1914First Battle of the Aisne - September 12th-15th
1914Battle of Champagne
1915Third Battle of Artois - September 15th-November 4th
1916Battle of Verdun
1916Battle of the Somme - July 1st-November 18th
1917Second Battle of the Aisne - April 16th-May 9th, October 24th
1918Battle of Belleau Wood - June 1st-26th
1918Battle of Chateau-Thierry - July 18th
1918Battle of Amiens - August 8th-11th
1922Battle of Maysalun

Not to mention military activity in Africa , Desert Storm, Afghanistan etc

The full list goes back several hundred years, When the US has such a distinguished military history come back to us OK.

Really dont denigrate the 100,000s of french soldiers lost in the 20 the century alone

Leave the "freedom fries BS" for the rednecks.
Dave

thats odd...
__________________
scoobert is offline  
Old 22-09-2013, 14:10   #100
Freelance Delivery Skipper..
 
boatman61's Avatar

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: UK/Portugal
Posts: 20,197
Images: 2
Send a message via Skype™ to boatman61
pirate Re: Russians board Arctic Sunrise!

ScoobiDoo... if you used a decent search engine instead of GoogleCrap you'd have got to this page.. or just try Wiki...
French Military Victories

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_France
__________________


Born To Be Wild
boatman61 is online now  
Old 22-09-2013, 14:11   #101
Nearly an old salt
 
goboatingnow's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 13,649
Images: 3
Re: Russians board Arctic Sunrise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobert View Post
thats odd...
Don't be an ass, Would you like me to list US defeats, do people make jokes about the US pulling out of Vietnam. Would you like me to joke about the Marines and the Tet Offensive when in 1968 17,000 US soldiers died.

Seriously Id expect more from such a person as yourself.

dave
__________________
Check out my new blog on smart boat technology, networking and gadgets for the connected sailor! - http://smartboats.tumblr.com
goboatingnow is offline  
Old 22-09-2013, 14:37   #102
Marine Service Provider

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: north carolina
Boat: command yachtsdouglas32
Posts: 3,113
Re: Russians board Arctic Sunrise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestialsailor View Post
Is that porn? I was told that I would know it when I see it..
__________________
tropicalescape is offline  
Old 22-09-2013, 14:41   #103
cruiser

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: medusa NY
Boat: Tayana Surprise 45 schooner "Union Pacific"
Posts: 2,098
Re: Russians board Arctic Sunrise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
Don't be an ass, Would you like me to list US defeats, do people make jokes about the US pulling out of Vietnam. Would you like me to joke about the Marines and the Tet Offensive when in 1968 17,000 US soldiers died.

Seriously Id expect more from such a person as yourself.

dave

actually that was a widely spread internet joke from when in 2001 the french refused to help in Iraq. the photo still exists, thou the process to get the results no longer works.

and i didn't list any defeats. remember the french lost first in Vietnam and were driven from the country.
__________________
scoobert is offline  
Old 22-09-2013, 15:01   #104
Registered User
 
Butler's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Boat: Pearson 281
Posts: 678
Images: 18
Re: Russians board Arctic Sunrise!

At any rate...
I very much appreciate GPs efforts here and elsewhere internationally and am really curious about how this situation evolves. Will be keeping an eye on it and chiming inwith any new developments...
__________________
Butler is offline  
Old 22-09-2013, 15:24   #105
cruiser

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: medusa NY
Boat: Tayana Surprise 45 schooner "Union Pacific"
Posts: 2,098
Re: Russians board Arctic Sunrise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butler View Post
At any rate...
I very much appreciate GPs efforts here and elsewhere internationally and am really curious about how this situation evolves. Will be keeping an eye on it and chiming inwith any new developments...

i am sure you will have about 3 people riveted to their PC waiting eagerly for more news on the true heroes of hypocrisy.
__________________

__________________
scoobert is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
arc, Russia

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:28.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.