To start off with I have never sailed other than being on a cruise ship
or tourist type boat on a joy ride in the ocean. Myself and my co-worker are about to retire early next year and were planning on learning
how to sail, and navigate. We would like to be able to take a boat from Texas
sail around the coastline to Florida
, on to the keys and out into the caribean to Aruba
and back and do a little island hoping, then return. I know this sounds crazy but what I'm asking is where do we start. Any adviise would be appreciated.
1. Where should we get training
2. What type boat should we be looking for on about a 40k budget
3. What length of trip should we plan on
4. how much money
does it cost to dock
in most of the ports
5. are we totally insane on attempting this, we have about two-three months after we retire we planned on spending on this trip
6. should we rent instead of buying
our boat etc..