Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-04-2013, 02:56   #61

Boat: Privilege 37
Re: New Sewing Group

If you sign me up for the sewing site, I will post an article on sewing the dinghy chaps.

I have a Sailrite LS-1 and expect to do a fair bit of sewing once I get to liveaboard.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:26   #62

Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34

Talbot ~Invitation sent

im on ipad, I am not using the CF app, nor do I have it downloaded. I tried it but felt like I was missing sections. My husband uses the app on his computer & google nexus and loves it.
I cannot post pictures from my iPad album, but can use pictures I've posted on our blog or anything from the net. I just click on picture, pick "copy" and then go to the CF post I'm creating and click the picture icon. I erase the http that automatically appears in the address bar, then I paste my copy.
I have found that certain pictures are "secured" and do not allow me to post, giving me that little blue picture icon instead.

I'm the last person to get to the heart of this problem, but thought I'd post what has been working for me.

My iPad is a couple years old, I do not plan on getting another one. I want something more blog friendly.

Cheers,
Erika
Old 08-04-2013, 07:26   #63

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bestevaer 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailcruiser View Post
Can you find he group from the forum app or are you accessing through a browser? I can't get to groups with the app as far as I can tell. If a browser hitch one? I'm also on a iPad for the most part.
SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talbot View Post
If you sign me up for the sewing site, I will post an article on sewing the dinghy chaps.

I have a Sailrite LS-1 and expect to do a fair bit of sewing once I get to liveaboard.
Hi Talbot
Go to:
Cruisers & Sailing Forums - Sewing Group. Boat canvas projects
and click on "Join Group".

I have both dinghy chaps and a cover to sew, so will be interested in reading your post .

Unveiling Bullseye strops for low friction rings
Seaworthy Lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:28   #64

Boat: S2 11.0A 36'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean Girl View Post
Talbot ~Invitation sent

im on ipad, I am not using the CF app, nor do I have it downloaded. I tried it but felt like I was missing sections. My husband uses the app on his computer & google nexus and loves it.
I cannot post pictures from my iPad album, but can use pictures I've posted on our blog or anything from the net. I just click on picture, pick "copy" and then go to the CF post I'm creating and click the picture icon. I erase the http that automatically appears in the address bar, then I paste my copy.
I have found that certain pictures are "secured" and do not allow me to post, giving me that little blue picture icon instead.

I'm the last person to get to the heart of this problem, but thought I'd post what has been working for me.

My iPad is a couple years old, I do not plan on getting another one. I want something more blog friendly.

Cheers,
Erika
Erika I have the latest iPad and same results. Wish I could get to the groups easier.
SC
sailcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2013, 08:39   #65

Boat: Beneteau 473
Quote:
Talbot ~Invitation sent

Cheers,
Erika
I have been able to post pics on my iPad using the app lately. Once you get into the reply window click the advanced button and there will be several options. The picture did not show in the window, but did show up in the post. I hope that helps. However, I agree the app is missing things like how to get to groups, so sometimes I access CF through Safari to get to those functions.
Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived. JEAN LUC PICARD, Captain of the Starship Enterprise
SmartMove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2013, 07:46   #66
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Valiant 40 (1975)

Can I join? Pick me pick me! I promise to be nice. (at least in these discussions in this group ) I have sewn a drogue, repaired sails now for about 2 years. I want to make a jib for my Valiant- anyone else out there making sails?? I am just afraid- they are so big. I have the machine, I think I have the skills-just well how long does it really take?
Ericka, I had no idea about your surgery. You always appear very coherent here on the forum. I am glad you are with us.
s/v Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2013, 07:50   #67

Boat: S2 11.0A 36'
Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v Beth View Post
Can I join? Pick me pick me! I promise to be nice. (at least in these discussions in this group ) I have sewn a drogue, repaired sails now for about 2 years. I want to make a jib for my Valiant- anyone else out there making sails?? I am just afraid- they are so big. I have the machine, I think I have the skills-just well how long does it really take?
Ericka, I had no idea about your surgery. You always appear very coherent here on the forum. I am glad you are with us.
Newt you can join from the web page. I haven't found a way to access it from mobile apps. Don't think it required authorization if I'm in. :grin:
SC
sailcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2013, 08:02   #68

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bestevaer 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v Beth View Post
Several months ago I lent a hand when a friend made a mainsail for a 48 footer. It took about a week from a precut components. It is much easier with two people to manhandle the bulk when the larger pieces are joined. You need HEAPS of space and several trestle tables butted up together to make the job easier.

Having previously looked at sailmaking as some kind of mysterious ritual, I would now not hestitate in tackling making a sail if I had the space.

Unveiling Bullseye strops for low friction rings
Seaworthy Lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 15:26   #69

Boat: Lindsey Center Cockpit 39' Ketch
Just "found" this today. Awesome site for us all. I don't post often but read daily/nightly and bounce back and forth between my home PC and this old I phone as when

S/V Water Wings
fjwiley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 15:29   #70

Boat: Lindsey Center Cockpit 39' Ketch
PS: When I have Big fingers on this "phone pad" and can't type. I wanted to end by saying Thanks for all your hard work in making this so useful for us Ocean Girl.

S/V Water Wings
fjwiley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2013, 17:28   #71

Posted a thread on the sewing group, need help with grommets :-)
Old 18-11-2013, 15:44   #72

Sewing warriors!
Posted on the weather cloth thread again, need help, sewing 101 help.
Old 18-11-2013, 17:22   #73

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

Quote:
Sewing warriors!
Posted on the weather cloth thread again, need help, sewing 101 help.
Already posted on sewing thread, OG. Have fun with it.

Ann
Old 18-11-2013, 17:23   #74

Thanks!!
Old 18-11-2013, 18:46   #75

Ok, pain in the butt here again.
I posted a question in the weather cloth thread( sewing group). I'm having a hard time finishing a corner. I've googled it, but I guess I don't know the right lingo.
Can someone help me out? I am done sewing for the night, so no rush.
So when ya get a chance can you hop over to the sewing group(weather cloth thread) I posted a picture to help describe my problem.

I know I've got a grommet thread going too, but want the weather cloth advice on the weather cloth thread- for the next poor newbie
Thanks!