Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Our Community
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 16:03   #1

Boat: 1970 morgan 28
New Boat Age Insurance Costs

hello all !!! as you may know,I am the owner of a "new" to me 1970 morgan 28. SO !!! here is what I have found out so far !!!! all of the company's in the USof A are changing their policie's to NOT INSURE ,boats only a couple of year's old[their choices],also the person I spoke with said that[and this scared the hell out of me],that they are going to NOT insure houses and business'e east of I-95 selectively in "storm" areas, W T F !!!!! what about the east coast of the USA suddenly we can't have home insurance ,this can't be happening ,I mean I know "we"[the customers],who have storm claims in are hurting their BOTTOM LINE but DAMN !!!! no car/boat/plane etc.this is happening,what are "WE" to do,buy 2 of everything and use 1 as spare parts. now let's not all go crazy here,this is just what I got today from my current agent his company has sent memo'sall arround to this affect. then I found out thatthe "slip" I wanted may be promiced to someone else things are just looking up.I have found a nice lil cove to "park" her in.I have 2 60# danforth anchors so "she " shouldn't,drift or shift lol !!!!!wish me luck and I will keep ya'll informed what I find. later zenkayaker capt'n of the MOKEN
zenkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 16:19   #2

Boat: 28Ft Piver Encore, Tri-Maran, Anchored in San Diego.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nemo55
Re: new boat age insurance costs

Marinas near me are demanding Two Million liability,,and i have heard that they,the insurance agencies are being very selective(age of boat)about what boats they will or will not insure.
They love taking your money,,but they sure don't like the other side of the insurance equation,,that sometimes it is necessary to pay out.
So do we all have to buy Million Dollar Yachts to get insurance now??? is that the wave of the future??

https://nemo1955.blogspot.ca/
Nemo55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 16:49   #3

Boat: 1970 morgan 28
Re: new boat age insurance costs

hello nemo55 !!! dude I have NO freaking idea !!!! as I posted that was what I got hit with today,I am still waiting to hear,from several other named carriers of marine/house ins.it just seems to me that this item will get in the way of gas prices and "who really run's this[usa]country !!!! but I do know this;if this happens many companie's will go broke QUICK !!!! hope your search is going better than mine !!!! later zenkayaker capt'n of the MOKEN
zenkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance