Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-10-2017, 04:52   #1
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 118
Looking to move a boat from Phuket to Hong Kong

Hi

I am looking into buying a sailboat in Phuket and moving it to Hong Kong

Anyone knows what could be the cost?
Any recommendations?

Cheers
__________________

__________________
andreshs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2017, 05:12   #2
Senior Cruiser
 
atoll's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: gettin naughty on the beach in cornwall
Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!
Posts: 9,283
Images: 75
Re: Looking to move a boat from Phuket to Hong Kong

sail it,phuket,singapore,singapore to philipines,philipines to hong kong 2000nm
best time is october with SW winds and the end of typhoon season,nov-dec brings NE winds so a bit late for this year unless done in april when the wind swings again to SW,but you are at risk of an early typhoon.

i can deliver if the boat is seaworthy.
__________________

__________________
my catamaran building project updates http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...36#post2502136
atoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2017, 05:17   #3
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 118
Re: Looking to move a boat from Phuket to Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by atoll View Post
sail it,phuket,singapore,singapore to philipines,philipines to hong kong 2000nm
best time is october with SW winds and the end of typhoon season,nov-dec brings NE winds so a bit late for this year unless done in april when the wind swings again to SW,but you are at risk of an early typhoon.

i can deliver if the boat is seaworthy.


Hi Atoll

We are looking at a Beneteau First 51s currently in Phuket
Been told that it is ready to set off, although I am calculating all the costs prior flying there and doing the full survey

What would be your estimation?
I would like to have the boat in HK before end of Dec

Cheers
__________________
andreshs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2017, 05:24   #4
Senior Cruiser
 
atoll's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: gettin naughty on the beach in cornwall
Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!
Posts: 9,283
Images: 75
Re: Looking to move a boat from Phuket to Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreshs1 View Post
Hi Atoll

We are looking at a Beneteau First 51s currently in Phuket
Been told that it is ready to set off, although I am calculating all the costs prior flying there and doing the full survey

What would be your estimation?
I would like to have the boat in HK before end of Dec

Cheers
give me a few minutes and i will pm you an aprox cost
cheers alex
__________________
my catamaran building project updates http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...36#post2502136
atoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2017, 05:45   #5
Senior Cruiser
 
atoll's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: gettin naughty on the beach in cornwall
Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!
Posts: 9,283
Images: 75
Re: Looking to move a boat from Phuket to Hong Kong

pm sent
__________________
my catamaran building project updates http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...36#post2502136
atoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2017, 13:55   #6
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1
Re: Looking to move a boat from Phuket to Hong Kong

Hi andresh! This trip sound exiting to me! If atoll need a mate, I would love to do one leg or more. I could fly from europe from next week
__________________
flyinjibsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2017, 16:33   #7
Registered User
 
Simi 60's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Australia
Boat: Milkraft 60 ex trawler
Posts: 262
Re: Looking to move a boat from Phuket to Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinjibsea View Post
Hi andresh! This trip sound exiting to me! If atoll need a mate, I would love to do one leg or more. I could fly from europe from next week
How much are you going to pay for this experience?
__________________
Simi 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2017, 22:43   #8
Marine Service Provider

Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 60
Re: Looking to move a boat from Phuket to Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreshs1 View Post
Hi

I am looking into buying a sailboat in Phuket and moving it to Hong Kong

Anyone knows what could be the cost?
Any recommendations?

Cheers

Dear Andreshs1,

Change of registry (Langkawi), you may contact Ms.Fqa Nabila at Info.marine@rocketmail.com.

Alex (Atoll) is the right person to do that, but Alex it is a bit dangerous to sail via Pahlawan of Philippines Islands now days.

Last March, I was on the way from Subic Bay, Manila to Singapore via Kota Kinabalu, Sabah on-board a 32 meters power yacht. On passing the Pahlawan Islands we was chased by two speed-boats for about three hours. They are very fast, at least 40 knots. Our yacht maximum speed is only 35 knots.

We tried to get help via VHF Channel 16, but no respond at all. They are only less than a nautical mile from us by radar and we managed to signal by day-light signal-lamp to a Malaysian Petrol Boat within vicinity. They came toward us and chased the speed boats back into Philippines Waters.

Last April, there was a Malaysian registered tug being hijacked and crews kidnapped within the areas by Abu-Sayap groups.

Cheers.....

Elise.
__________________
helise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2017, 03:11   #9
Senior Cruiser
 
atoll's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: gettin naughty on the beach in cornwall
Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!
Posts: 9,283
Images: 75
Re: Looking to move a boat from Phuket to Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by helise View Post
Dear Andreshs1,

Change of registry (Langkawi), you may contact Ms.Fqa Nabila at Info.marine@rocketmail.com.

Alex (Atoll) is the right person to do that, but Alex it is a bit dangerous to sail via Pahlawan of Philippines Islands now days.

Last March, I was on the way from Subic Bay, Manila to Singapore via Kota Kinabalu, Sabah on-board a 32 meters power yacht. On passing the Pahlawan Islands we was chased by two speed-boats for about three hours. They are very fast, at least 40 knots. Our yacht maximum speed is only 35 knots.

We tried to get help via VHF Channel 16, but no respond at all. They are only less than a nautical mile from us by radar and we managed to signal by day-light signal-lamp to a Malaysian Petrol Boat within vicinity. They came toward us and chased the speed boats back into Philippines Waters.

Last April, there was a Malaysian registered tug being hijacked and crews kidnapped within the areas by Abu-Sayap groups.

Cheers.....

Elise.
thanks for the heads up,and vote of confidence!
due to the on set of the the NE monsoon i would probably be well off shore beating to windward when passing palawan,it can get pretty rough in the gulf of tonkin and surrounds,pirates in my experince are fair weather sailors!
__________________
my catamaran building project updates http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...36#post2502136
atoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2017, 03:43   #10
CF Adviser
 
Pelagic's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Oct 2007
Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer
Posts: 6,774
Re: Looking to move a boat from Phuket to Hong Kong

Atoll, Palawan passage (west coast) is very well patrolled these days and the quickest route to Subic.
__________________
Pelagic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2017, 04:00   #11
Senior Cruiser
 
atoll's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: gettin naughty on the beach in cornwall
Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!
Posts: 9,283
Images: 75
Re: Looking to move a boat from Phuket to Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelagic View Post
Atoll, Palawan passage (west coast) is very well patrolled these days and the quickest route to Subic.
yes ,there has been some not very nice incidents in the area,i stopped at the navy base near the bottom end of palawan for a nights sleep last time i hopped off from there to singapore.

more worrying i think would be the late season typhoons that can track across in november-dec,seems like this year has been very active
__________________
my catamaran building project updates http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...36#post2502136
atoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2017, 04:10   #12
CF Adviser
 
Pelagic's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Oct 2007
Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer
Posts: 6,774
Re: Looking to move a boat from Phuket to Hong Kong

It has been a bit of a strange year with the Typhoons following irregular tracks but mostly sparing the Philippines....which tells me we are probably due a late nasty one in November.

Was in Port Barton (west coast of Palawan half way up) earlier this month.

Very useful typhon shelter in that area.
Click image for larger version

Name:	1508235018186.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	157858Click image for larger version

Name:	1508235030717.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	157859
__________________
Pelagic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2017, 04:32   #13
Senior Cruiser
 
atoll's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: gettin naughty on the beach in cornwall
Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!
Posts: 9,283
Images: 75
Re: Looking to move a boat from Phuket to Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelagic View Post
It has been a bit of a strange year with the Typhoons following irregular tracks but mostly sparing the Philippines....which tells me we are probably due a late nasty one in November.

Was in Port Barton (west coast of Palawan half way up) earlier this month.

Very useful typhon shelter in that area.
Attachment 157858Attachment 157859
good to know,thanks
hopefully will hear more from the op once he has seen the boat and made a decision.
__________________
my catamaran building project updates http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...36#post2502136
atoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2017, 07:19   #14
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 118
Re: Looking to move a boat from Phuket to Hong Kong

Hi all

Thanks for the feedback here and via the private messages

At last the deal did not go through and we have made an offer on a local HK vessel

Again, thank you all for the prompt response

Cheers
Andres
__________________
andreshs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2017, 09:55   #15
Senior Cruiser
 
atoll's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: gettin naughty on the beach in cornwall
Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!
Posts: 9,283
Images: 75
Re: Looking to move a boat from Phuket to Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreshs1 View Post
Hi all

Thanks for the feedback here and via the private messages

At last the deal did not go through and we have made an offer on a local HK vessel

Again, thank you all for the prompt response

Cheers
Andres
good luck next time!
__________________

__________________
my catamaran building project updates http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...36#post2502136
atoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
boat, Hong Kong

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Phuket or Hong Kong marine carpenter Gecko Cruising Construction, Maintenance & Refit 15 27-08-2017 05:55
Crew looking for a ride from Hong Kong Morfcake Pacific & South China Sea 0 09-09-2016 21:36
Crew Wanted: Phuket to Hong kong Mid Febuary Tconnal Crew Archives 4 29-11-2013 00:24
Crew Wanted: Looking for Crews - Borneo / Philippines / Hong Kong solong73 Crew Archives 4 09-04-2011 23:05
Phuket to Hong Kong zoombats Pacific & South China Sea 8 08-09-2010 04:20



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:39.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.