Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1978 Hudson Force 50 Ketch
Re: Indication of warming ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Charm View Post
The only poster I think I see routinely being offensive is Third Day
Ha ha ha..now that's rich indeed.
Can you give an offensive comment Ive made or is just disagreeing with the MMGW Cultists all it takes to be offensive these days.

Here....If I put in one of these does that make it better...

Ha ha ha
Old 03-05-2015, 16:35   #77
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
CF doesn't seem like a good place to be debating AGW, and it isn't building any friendships or changing minds. It's 99% political, and no-one's engaging seriously with the 1% of science that does make it in.

AGW threads, moreso than guns and anchors, has become a debating society for bored cruisers and sailors, and really hasn't reflected well on us as a group.

But whatever. If it continues to be permitted here, of course I reserve the right to show up and tug beards.

Not only do we WANT and need you here Lake...what better place to talk about "controversial" topics than among friends and fellow like minded boaters/Cruisers. To those that can't take it...put on your big boy pants and realize that the world doesn't stop if people disagree with you. We don't burn people at the steak or file hate speech charges against people who have a different opinion.

You know what a MMGW Cultists thread is going to look like, if you don't like it...if your sensibilities are too soft to take the....hey no problem...go over and attack the folks on Rebel Heart or the guys that buy a Hunter for a Circumnavigation of the latitudes.

Really people....why would you ever be offended by something someone typed out of fun on a website anyway...whew....we are a Country/World of Wusses now days...that sure explains why the world can't stop ISIS from committing genocide against the Christians, oh but lets panic about the MMGW argument? Really?

Now where's the MMGW Cultist argument about increased Tornado and Hurricane activity when we have had less...ha ha ah
Old 03-05-2015, 16:36   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV THIRD DAY View Post
Can you give an offensive comment Ive made or is just disagreeing with the MMGW Cultists all it takes to be offensive these days.

Ha ha ha

Third day, I think it may be a bit more politically correct to use. " MMGW. Thugs"

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 03-05-2015, 16:45   #79
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Old 03-05-2015, 17:02   #80

Quote:
Not only do we WANT and need you here Lake...
Nobody but nobody needs me here, but thanks anyway.

Quote:
what better place to talk about "controversial" topics than among friends and fellow like minded boaters/Cruisers.
Well, how would this conversation go like if we were sitting at a tropical bar, or sharing a meal on someone's boat? People tend to lose their filter online.

I have the feeling that I could probably meet 80% of the people I end up sparring with, and enjoy their company (and hopefully vice versa) but online...

As they say, information online is often worth exactly what you pay for it, but sometimes there's something to be gained or shared.

(wow, what a tangent. Somebody insult me, quick)
Old 03-05-2015, 17:08   #81
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
wow, what a tangent. Somebody insult me, quick
You Cultist....

Ask and you shall receive.
Old 03-05-2015, 17:17   #82

Boat: Bieroc 36 foot Ketch

Quote:
CF doesn't seem like a good place to be debating AGW, and it isn't building any friendships or changing minds. It's 99% political, and no-one's engaging seriously with the 1% of science that does make it in.

AGW threads, moreso than guns and anchors, has become a debating society for bored cruisers and sailors, and really hasn't reflected well on us as a group.

But whatever. If it continues to be permitted here, of course I reserve the right to show up and tug beards.
No one is challenging your 'right' as your put it (actually I think it's a privilege), but if you don't like it, LEAVE. That is your RIGHT!
Old 03-05-2015, 17:31   #83

Boat: Bieroc 36 foot Ketch

Quote:
Ha ha ha
Third Day, you are well aware that the only reason you continue to call 'believers' in the science 'Cultists' is to cause offence. That's your only reason you continue to call names. To cause offence. It's a breach of the CF rules and you know it. You should have been pulled up on it on the other thread. And now you have migrated over to this thread to continue your offensive remarks without any intent of being involved in a serious discussion.

And YES, continuing to call people 'cultists' is offensive as you know.
Old 03-05-2015, 17:36   #84
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Charm View Post
Third Day, you are well aware that the only reason you continue to call 'believers' in the science 'Cultists' is to cause offence. That's your only reason you continue to call names. To cause offence. It's a breach of the CF rules and you know it. You should have been pulled up on it on the other thread. And now you have migrated over to this thread to continue your offensive remarks without any intent of being involved in a serious discussion.

And YES, continuing to call people 'cultists' is offensive as you know.
No, so let me educate you a bit.

I use the term MMGW Cultists as a play on how the MMGW Belivers use of the term Deniers, for those that don't believe that man is the driver for global warming. So "Deniers" isn't offensive but "Cultists" is? Ha ha ha....no amigo, it's to make a point of how the ecofacists use language to control the discussion and stifle debate. If you dare disagree with then, you are a knuckle dragging neanderthal, who wants to club baby fur seals, destroy the planet, and probably throws plastic bags overboard just to kill sea turtles! That's the MMGW Cultists game and I call them out on it.
Old 03-05-2015, 18:27   #85

Boat: Dragonfly 1000 trimaran

Next, the gw enthusiasts will call us skeptics "Climate Rapers", "Warming Racists" or some such tripe. Wait for it...

Ayn Rand
Old 03-05-2015, 18:49   #86
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormechanico View Post
Wait for it...
It's actually already started. In an attempt to stop and stifle the debate the MMGW Cultists have gone on the attack.

“Those denialists should face jail. They should face fines,” wrote Adam Weinstein
Read more at New Inquisition: Punish climate-change ‘deniers’

Robert Kennedy Jr.: We need laws to 'punish global warming skeptics' - Washington Times

The Cultists don't want to do anything about the slaughter of Christians by ISIS, no condemnation by the left...but them evil downright no good climate deniers, well we need to take away their free speech rights! This is how Cults work folks, anyone that looks to silence the opposition has something to hide. Science isn't consensus. Science isn't the stifeling of debate. Science isn't a political tool to reach a desired outcome. Science doesn't care about you or your political agenda and science is debased by thinking it is on "your side" since the only side science is on is Truth and truth doesn't need to silence critics.
Old 03-05-2015, 20:34   #87
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Islander 34

Ladies and gentlemen, This thread seems to have drifted off into a political discussion approaching the level of discourse and respect we seem to find all too common in the US capital. It does not appear to be related to cruising.

In any event tempers are high and discussions like this do not truly belong on CF any more then politics or religion does. I think it damages the respect we should all have for one another and damages Cruisers Forum.

This thread is closed.
Closed Thread