Re: Important things we don't talk about much

About anyone having to pee I mean
Bhodeitrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2015, 12:27   #347

Boat: Various

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodeitrue View Post
I love you guys but please. Do you really think I'm that squirming?
Wifey B: Have no earthly idea what that question means so either I do or I don't or I don't know or maybe or perhaps not...HELP! Translator needed please.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2015, 12:29   #348

Quote:
About anyone having to pee I mean
Wifey B: You're squirming while needing to pee? Ewwwwww....I'm still trying to figure out what you mean, but sounds like an interesting question.
Old 21-02-2015, 13:03   #349

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
Wifey B: You're squirming while needing to pee? Ewwwwww....I'm still trying to figure out what you mean, but sounds like an interesting question.
Thanks for responding wifey b. Am somewhat new to the forum and haven't quite figured out how to use the tools yet. Was referring to the comments regarding having to pee on board with females president. Suggest u lift lid or use cleanup. If that not the problem maybe older.., or younger companions may help. Wouldn't think of ripping my eyeballs out just because I happens to notice anyone peeing. Only have two. Don't sweat the small stuff. Love you guys.
Been following your forums for awhile now but don't post much. more entertaining and educational than tv. God Bless and Fair Winds
Old 21-02-2015, 13:07   #350

Quote:
Thanks for responding wifey b. Am somewhat new to the forum and haven't quite figured out how to use the tools yet. Was referring to the comments regarding having to pee on board with females president. Suggest u lift lid or use cleanup. If that not the problem maybe older.., or younger companions may help. Wouldn't think of ripping my eyeballs out just because I happens to notice anyone peeing. Only have two. Don't sweat the small stuff. Love you guys.
Been following your forums for awhile now but don't post much. more entertaining and educational than tv. God Bless and Fair Winds
Wifey B: Funny how even some couples that see each other naked all the time close the door and make sure they're not seen peeing. I still don't go for this peeing over the side or on the back or all the other though. And I sure as heck don't want the wind to blow pee in my face or someone gets it on the side and doesn't clean and not knowing you find out the hard way later with your hand.
Old 21-02-2015, 13:16   #351

I am a woman so peeing on my shoes, in the rough, is a caution. If I'm camping in bad weather I like a plastic coffee can, no corrosion factor and a handhold to transport, with an aroma seal lid. I also splash about a half oz. Of Clorox in it. Keeps things reasonable. Do have to empty it 2 times daily..
Old 21-02-2015, 16:00   #352

Quote:
I am a woman so peeing on my shoes, in the rough, is a caution. If I'm camping in bad weather I like a plastic coffee can, no corrosion factor and a handhold to transport, with an aroma seal lid. I also splash about a half oz. Of Clorox in it. Keeps things reasonable. Do have to empty it 2 times daily..
Wifey B: Camping? In bad weather? Noooooooooooo thanks....On the ground? Rain? I leave that stuff to boy scouts.
Old 27-03-2015, 06:11   #353
CLOD

Boat: none

Ice packs for our aging worn joints!
Old 27-03-2015, 07:26   #354

Boat: plastic production boat, suitable for deep blue water ;)

Quote:
Ice packs for our aging worn joints!
I think hot packs are more beneficial for aging joints, unless you are bleeding
Old 28-03-2015, 23:43   #355

Boat: Still building

Joints shouldn't hang around long to 'age'...or you're doin' it wrong.....

[Ahem]

On the coffee question, I bought my sis one of these to take on a cruise to Alaska (no, a cruise-ship-type cruise) as she was not confident of being able to get a decent coffee and is useless if she doesn't get her heart started each AM....
GSI Outdoors: Products

She reports that it was easy to use, made as good a coffee as the Bodum plunger at home, was easy to clean and packed down well. It was also super light being polycarbonate construction (and I made her up a goodies pack including tea towel, cleaning cloth, and pre-ground good-quality roasted beans that all packed down into a plastic box for stuffing into pack/suitcase). She was going 'backpacking' as well, so it needed to be super-portable, hence the light weight 'tick' of approval

But for me, not a problem, as I drink tea.

So all I need is a good, wide-based, double-walled mug, and a teabag.

Twinings Orange Pekoe. Nothing else.

But used to have issues with Lite milk availability, as the UHF stuff all tasted 'burned'. But have since found the new TetraPaks used by Devondale dairy in Oz means UHT milk tastes like .. um, milk ... so I have switched to Devondale and now enjoy 'proper tasting' tea.

The new Paks even have a screw-top plastic lid, so no more fumbling with soggy cardboard 'wings', and they don't spill if you inadvertently knock them over.

So, for me, Tea and a good milk supply.

Don't even think about going there.....
Buzzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2015, 23:46   #356

Oh, and has anyone seen my 'dream mug' anywhere?

Instead of the plastic or brushed stainless 'liner' it has a porcelain liner.

Porcelain is SOOOO much easier to clean than tea-stained plastic or (especially) brushed stainless.

Have searched high and low to no avail, but perhaps one of the CFers has tripped over one in some remote place, like maybe Pitcairn Island.....???

Suggestions?
Old 29-03-2015, 01:52   #357
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzman View Post
But used to have issues with Lite milk availability, as the UHF stuff all tasted 'burned'. But have since found the new TetraPaks used by Devondale dairy in Oz means UHT milk tastes like .. um, milk ... so I have switched to Devondale and now enjoy 'proper tasting' tea.

The new Paks even have a screw-top plastic lid, so no more fumbling with soggy cardboard 'wings', and they don't spill if you inadvertently knock them over.
And when they are empty you can rinse them, fill with water and freeze. They make great stackable ice packs for the esky - and you have cold drinking water once they melt.
StuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2015, 22:45   #358

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzman View Post
Oh, and has anyone seen my 'dream mug' anywhere?

Instead of the plastic or brushed stainless 'liner' it has a porcelain liner.

Porcelain is SOOOO much easier to clean than tea-stained plastic or (especially) brushed stainless.

Have searched high and low to no avail, but perhaps one of the CFers has tripped over one in some remote place, like maybe Pitcairn Island.....???

Suggestions?

http://www.amazon.com/Contigo-Thermo...+mug+porcelain

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
BlueChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2015, 17:58   #359

O.M.G.

The Holy Grail....

Thank you, BC, will purchase and report back..!!

Luv ya work....
Old 12-04-2015, 21:58   #360

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueChicago View Post
Got it today in the post. What a disappointment!

While it certainly does have a porcelain inner lining, and I suspect will be nice to use in terms of keeping the beverage warm, and it does a have a 'sipping lid'......

....it also has a rounded base that imparts an overly flightly behaviour to the cup when placed on a tilted surface (or on a flat surface that is then tilted, as in heeled....).

I compared the relative stabilty of my usual English china cup and saucer, a porcelain mug, and one of those narrow base [car-cupholder-type] insulated mugs and.....wait for it.....

The plain porcelain mug is more stable than the Contigo. Only the car-type insulated mug is less stable.

The Contigo mug has a rubberised rounded off edge to the base, so I am going to file-rasp/sand it flat and see if I can improve the stability.

Also should note that the actual 'base' is quite a bit smaller than the diameter of the mug - unlike the slab-sided porcelain mug, which has an almost 90deg turn at the bottom.

Sure, the porcelain mug slides before it tips, as does the china cup and saucer, but this gives you the chance to catch it before it falls over and spills everywhere.

So while the Contigo is an improvement, it's not yet my 'ideal' beverage container.

Will experiment some more and see what I can figure out.

Stay tuned...

Tags
import