Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-02-2017, 19:35   #1

HELP PLEASE !!! -- I`m In FLA & NEED TO SAIL ! ! FOR $ & My Time is Limited here !

OK All , My ColoradoRedneck Backside is Actually in FLA FINALLY ( Ft Myers to be exact ) --- I`m Here to look for My 1st Boat ----- Have several leads & seen a couple ---
I`ve looked @ a few Vessels --- Regardless --- While I havent found ``Mine`` Yet , I`ll be here till the 28th of Feb --- Point being , I`m a TOTAL NOOB ! ---
& I GOTTA SAIL !!!! ( I trully dont know why , I JUST GOTTA DO THIS !!! ) --- Is There ANYONE out there that Might consider Takin` me Out ??? --- I`m Willin` to PAY CASH , Will Also WORK on Said Vessel as well , NO PROBLEM ( I Have MANY Skills of Use : 110/220VAC , 12VDC & PROPER & CORRECT Wiring repairs & X-Over for both , Solar systems & charging too , All the Mechanical skills I have I dont have room to list here ( I`ve Been a Prof. Mechanic / Welder / Fabricator for Well Over 20 yrs ) , Hell , I`ll Bring the Beer & Hand Polish your Bright work & LOVE IT --- ETC ETC --- I`LL Even Hand Scrape Hull & Hand Polish Brightwork
Till 3 AM Layin` on a Piece of cardboard on the hard If Needed & STILL PAY $ if Ya want me to ! , --- I Dont need much , Just an ACTUAL RIDE on a SAILBOAT W/ An Experienced Sailor ! -- 28 to 34 ` ( I`m NOT PICKY , Just Needs to be a SAILBOAT ! ) Would be Best For me , Single handed Rigging is also a BIG Plus for me ( SERIOUSLY , An Hour or Two on the water Is All I REALLY NEED , But , I NEED THIS ! ) --- I`m More than willing to travel in my rent-a-box , Ft. Myers to Sarasota / Bradenton/ Punta Gorda / Sanibel ETC -- or -- PRETTY MUCH WHEREVER I CAN DRIVE TO within an hour or two , Maybe more if I have to ! --- PLEASE PEOPLE , If Ya can help me out within said time frame , I`m NOT Joking & I WILL DO ACTUAL WORK & BRING $ TOO !!!!
\ I`m Just Lookin` To See If I Actually Really am gonna make the Move From Colorado redneck biker / shop owner ---- to SAILOR !!!! --- PLEASE , Reply here ! Or : chopperfreak69@ Gmail.com --- Cell is 720-326-4659 , home shop in CO # is 3038387778 ( STS Powersports ) , Any Mssg left on this one WILL Be Relayed ASAP , Tues thru Sat 9 Till 6 Mtn Time !!!
THANKS ALL , Steve G. , The ``coloradoredneck ``---
``Wannabe With a Dream`` --- YEAH , I`M SERIOUS --- PLEASE BE REAL , I AM !!! ---- G`Night All , Gonna go get a beer now & TRY To Breathe & Get Some Sleep !!! -- BOATS , YEAH , BOATS , HEY , LOOK HONEY , SAILBOATS IN THE WATER NO LESS --- Twitch , Shaking hands , , Goosebumps down both arms as well as Topside to Keel , NO JOKE !! ---Invite Me Aboard , Ya WONT Regret it I SWEAR !!! ) ( Miss Rose WONT Be Comin` along this Time , Just ME & I Work Harder ! )
coloradoredneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 02:15   #2

Boat: Jon Sayer 1-off 46 ft fract rig sloop strip plank in W Red Cedar
Re: HELP PLEASE !!! -- I`m In FLA & NEED TO SAIL ! ! FOR $ & My Time is Limited here

Hey, Red Neck...

I'm not in a position to help you out (being in Tasmania and all), but your plea struck a chord with me, and I'd be happy to give you a sail if you were here... and no labour required, just the enthusiasm that your post is dripping with.

Hope that you can find someone on site who responds the same way, so good luck.

Jim
Old 23-02-2017, 05:28   #3

Location: Thhe boat is in Titusville, FL and we're back in CO for a few months resupplying the cruising kitty and raising money for our childrens dental charity www.sailing4smiles.com
Boat: 1982 Cape Dory 36 Hull #78
Re: HELP PLEASE !!! -- I`m In FLA & NEED TO SAIL ! ! FOR $ & My Time is Limited here

Redneck, I live in Colorado Springs and keep my boat in Corpus Christi. I get down every 6 - 8 weeks. If you're ever in the area look me up. It blows pretty good here most days, so putting the rails in the water is fairly easy.
Also, Blue Mesa has ASA classes when it warms up.
SSgtPitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 05:48   #4

Boat: Currently Shopping, & Heavily in LUST!

You should be able to find rides on racing boats, no problem. Both for racing, as well as with crews delivering them too & from race locations. Be the racing of the serious type, or quite the reverse. And regardless it's great experience, as well as helping you to make huge strides towards increasing your sailing social network. Thus giving your more sailing opportunities.

Try yacht clubs, online forums, bulletin boards, online crewing agencies, local sailor's haunts, etc. Such as places where sailors gather at day's end for a pint, & or, to review the video footage shot of the day's sailing. There's even a Crew Pool list/sub-forum over on Sailing Anarchy Forums. Not to mention the dozens, & dozens of crewing agencies online.

Plus, just walking the docks is an easy way to find rides.
See a boat prepping to head out. Smile, introduce yourself, & tell the skipper & crew your motivations. Usually you won't have to do much more selling of yourself than that in order to get a ride. Though do offer to help with beverages, snacks, & lunch, etc. Assuming that you were foolish enough not to have same with you from the outset

The Uncommon Thing, The Hard Thing, The Important Thing (in Life): Making Promises to Yourself, And Keeping Them.
UNCIVILIZED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 08:37   #5

Boat: Bruce Roberts 44' Steel Mauritius

Wish you were in Bellingham, WA. You are exactly who I need to finish project on amazing steel boat for 50% ownership.
Good luck. Lots of sailing opportunities out there.
Read Chapman's.
Mithril Bham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 08:46   #6
Sponsoring Vendor

Boat: Ex: 2006 Catalina 350 Now: 04 Mainship 400
Send a message via Skype™ to YachtBroker

Try the sailing club that is near the old downtown fort myers near the joes crab shack and the Legacy harbor marina where I used to keep my boat when it was in Fort Myers.

Worse case if your a biker get Bob Bitchin's book
Biker to Sailor.
Get Bob Bitchin’s New Book: Biker to Sailor |
You'll love it
Direct line-713-817-7216--Houston Texas
YachtBroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 09:27   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradoredneck View Post
OK All , My ColoradoRedneck Backside is Actually in FLA FINALLY ( Ft Myers to be exact ) --- I`m Here to look for My 1st Boat ----- Have several leads & seen a couple ---
I`ve looked @ a few Vessels --- Regardless --- While I havent found ``Mine`` Yet , I`ll be here till the 28th of Feb --- Point being , I`m a TOTAL NOOB ! ---
& I GOTTA SAIL !!!! ( I trully dont know why , I JUST GOTTA DO THIS !!! ) --- Is There ANYONE out there that Might consider Takin` me Out ??? --- I`m Willin` to PAY CASH , Will Also WORK on Said Vessel as well , NO PROBLEM ( I Have MANY Skills of Use : 110/220VAC , 12VDC & PROPER & CORRECT Wiring repairs & X-Over for both , Solar systems & charging too , All the Mechanical skills I have I dont have room to list here ( I`ve Been a Prof. Mechanic / Welder / Fabricator for Well Over 20 yrs ) , Hell , I`ll Bring the Beer & Hand Polish your Bright work & LOVE IT --- ETC ETC --- I`LL Even Hand Scrape Hull & Hand Polish Brightwork
Till 3 AM Layin` on a Piece of cardboard on the hard If Needed & STILL PAY $ if Ya want me to ! , --- I Dont need much , Just an ACTUAL RIDE on a SAILBOAT W/ An Experienced Sailor ! -- 28 to 34 ` ( I`m NOT PICKY , Just Needs to be a SAILBOAT ! ) Would be Best For me , Single handed Rigging is also a BIG Plus for me ( SERIOUSLY , An Hour or Two on the water Is All I REALLY NEED , But , I NEED THIS ! ) --- I`m More than willing to travel in my rent-a-box , Ft. Myers to Sarasota / Bradenton/ Punta Gorda / Sanibel ETC -- or -- PRETTY MUCH WHEREVER I CAN DRIVE TO within an hour or two , Maybe more if I have to ! --- PLEASE PEOPLE , If Ya can help me out within said time frame , I`m NOT Joking & I WILL DO ACTUAL WORK & BRING $ TOO !!!!
\ I`m Just Lookin` To See If I Actually Really am gonna make the Move From Colorado redneck biker / shop owner ---- to SAILOR !!!! --- PLEASE , Reply here ! Or : chopperfreak69@ Gmail.com --- Cell is 720-326-4659 , home shop in CO # is 3038387778 ( STS Powersports ) , Any Mssg left on this one WILL Be Relayed ASAP , Tues thru Sat 9 Till 6 Mtn Time !!!
THANKS ALL , Steve G. , The ``coloradoredneck ``---
``Wannabe With a Dream`` --- YEAH , I`M SERIOUS --- PLEASE BE REAL , I AM !!! ---- G`Night All , Gonna go get a beer now & TRY To Breathe & Get Some Sleep !!! -- BOATS , YEAH , BOATS , HEY , LOOK HONEY , SAILBOATS IN THE WATER NO LESS --- Twitch , Shaking hands , , Goosebumps down both arms as well as Topside to Keel , NO JOKE !! ---Invite Me Aboard , Ya WONT Regret it I SWEAR !!! ) ( Miss Rose WONT Be Comin` along this Time , Just ME & I Work Harder ! )
Can't help with the need to sail right now but do have some considerations for you. If you are seriously looking, consider this. My business partners and I purchase older sailboats, refurbish them, and resell them (he and his wife, me and mine do it like cars - 6 per year so we don't have to mess with becoming a dealership blah blah blah). At any rate, we have about 12 boats (6 in the water ready to sail away) with prices ranging from $7500 to $25,000. If you can wait a couple of months to purchase and would be willing to travel up to the Great Lakes, the boats could all be test sailed and checked out for possible purchase at the same time. And yes, we'd love to take you sailing (just not during the winter although my partner and friends took advantage of several beautiful days this past week to do just that). My wife and I will not be there until this Tuesday when we move aboard our boat to prep for doing the Great Loop - that's another story but we'll be sailing the Lakes from arrival until we depart at the end of September). And yes, I would consider selling my boat too. So, maybe this could be a win, win situation. We have what you are looking for at very reasonable prices and could take you sailing too (you could be like us and head South for the winter - even to the Caribbean if you dare. We could show you a number of ways to do so. We will winter in Mobile next year (by choice) and the Panhandle, a small Gulf crossing and the west Florida Intracoastal take you to Ft. Meyers. Heck with a work resume and the enthusiasm you proport, you can readily find work along the way if you need it and, who knows, you might even find a cheaper vessel that requires more refurbishing that you want to do. That would equate to lesser price too. Sorry if this is not what you are looking for but your enthusiasm sucked me in.
bruce v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 11:09   #8

I'm in Punta Gorda and willing to take you out about any time for free if the weather is OK. I have an Endeavourcats 30. Text 515 771 7727
defensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 12:20   #9

Boat: 45 custom steel ketch-Steelin Time

I'm not going to take my boat out, I'm 30 miles east of you. I'm sure we could find interesting conversation and talk about sailing while you are looking. You can learn about me on my website, also find my email there. I will be in Ft Myers a couple times for the next couple weeks.
Old 23-02-2017, 12:30   #10

Boat: Hunter 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by YachtBroker View Post
Worse case if your a biker get Bob Bitchin's book Biker to Sailor. You'll love it
I'm a retired university professor that taught in both the criminal justice areas and at the law level. About 20 years ago, I believe, one of my students did a book report on Bob's earlier book, Biker. That lead me to read that book and two others he wrote. I'm looking forward to reading this new one.

Thanks for the heads up!
doc_cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 14:17   #11

Boat: 45 custom steel ketch-Steelin Time

Interesting, I didn't catch the biker part the first read through, I might be considered a biker to sailor also, I'm not the Harley type biker though, I've ridden and camped all over the US, used to ride year round in Kansas, even rode 50 miles at 26 below once, not too bad if your dressed for it. Parking was always good, not much competition for motorcycle spots below freezing. Lately my bike is a 1966 Honda 90, I've ridden it back and forth to Kansas a couple times, and it is even a big bike compared to my trip on a pedal 10 speed with a weedeater that made the trip once. I'm always carrying camping gear, I sleep in a hammock tent, only have to find 2 trees 10 feet apart. I'm working on and built a first iteration of a take apart full size bike that fits a suitcase size, I've built wheels that come apart into 4 pieces, 3 rim triangles and the hub, the tire's air pressure holds them together, next I need to find a better weedeater drive, either something with a clutch and chain or friction and lift for clutch. The Kansas trip wore out 3 tires with a 1 inch diameter steel drum rubbing on the top of the rear wheel and the lift type clutch, but it got me there. Most of the time I pedal these days, 40 miles is no problem, but the idea is if I need to go 100 miles or more I can put the motor on and off I go at 28 mph, and 100+ mpg.

I also taught college for 30 years, Physics, ME and EE.
Old 23-02-2017, 14:35   #12

Boat: Leopard 39

Go to the American Sailing Association website, I believe they have a bulletin board that might be helpful.
danielamartindm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 17:36   #13

Boat: Pearson 530

who are you and what are you doing? Im getting ready to head out into the Bahamas and then the Carribean but what is your plan?
yachtcowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2017, 08:40   #14

Boat: 38' Beneteau Moorings

In St Pete Florida
PM if you haven't found a boat to take you out.
tikirawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2017, 18:17   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by defensible View Post
I'm in Punta Gorda and willing to take you out about any time for free if the weather is OK. I have an Endeavourcats 30. Text 515 771 7727
THANK YOU DICK !!!! --- I`LL BE @ BURNT STORE BY 10 AM ( Yeah , I Know , Ya Said 11 , I WONT BE LATE !!!! ---- ( I`ll Wash The Dock of bird poo If Ya arent ready for me yet !!!! ) ---- THANK YOU & THANK YOU Cruisers Forum & All Those Who Responded to my Desperate Plea !!! ---
------------------Sure HOPE I Can SLEEP TONIGHT !!!!!---- ( Doubtful , I Admit !)
TOMORROW I SAIL !!!!!!!!!
----- Yesssssssss ! !!!!!!!!!!!! ------- !!!!!!!!! ---- !!!!!!!!! :bigg rin:
coloradoredneck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lease, sail