Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Our Community
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-09-2011, 09:38   #16

Re: Heading South Down the ICW - Inside or Outside ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzo b View Post
Spend some time on the Barrier Islands if you don't know them, Sapelo and Cumberland are easy to get to.
Florida is where old people go to die, it's not dangerous, but after a while there you want to die.
We're in Guatemala, highly recommended.
I thought the old people died most anywhere??? Maybe I'll move back to Pittsburgh!
Noname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2011, 10:30   #17

Boat: Wittholz 39' Cutter by Kanter, CSY 37 Cutter

And just what is your definition of OLD? Do you have to be 30 and sailing. I am in better shape than most 40 year olds and have a much better head on my shoulders than the 20 year olds. Ah, to be 40 again would not be so bad, at least more of my joints would not complain about scraping and painting the bottom.
brutb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2011, 10:53   #18

spent a fruststrating October day after rounding Hatteras going nowhere. Wind NE 20 knots, knot meter at 8.5, GPS? at about 3+! If you go around, be smarter than I was, I had 6.5 ft draft and was a ways off the coast. (I was worried about the reefs shown at the cape just north of Moorhead city so hanging out, surprised the Stream was that close though..... warm water!) With a cat you could be right up close out of the stream. A cat passed me that day like I was standing still, he was probably a mile closer to the Barrier coast than I was. I might have been 2 miles out if memory is correct... We left about 3pm the previous day and didnt make Moorhead before dark (47 footer). If done again I would leave am the previous day.

Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
icw