Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-12-2018, 21:28   #1

Boat: 1976 Catalina 27
Georgetown to Charleston Outside

The wife and are tired of the cold so while waiting out last week's east coast blow in Little River SC we decided to order a brand main that will be delivered here in Georgetown Monday afternoon. I'm not 100% sure we're ready but we've decided we're going to do our maiden offshore voyage to Charleston and if all goes well, hop inlet to inlet until we get to Jacksonville Fl.
I've checked the forecast and it looks like the 48hrs of Tuesday morning through Thursday morning should be favorable weather.

We have a Catalina 27, 1976er but she's in good shape. Our only experience is sailing Morgan Bay in Jacksonville NC but we've done quite a bit of it, mostly weekends, the last four years but we know we're still greenhorns.
First, if anyone will be doing the same we'd love to tag along, if not, we'd love any advice. I've browsed through this forum enough, especially over the last several months, to know there's a lot of very knowledgeable people and will heed the advice.

Thanks in advance.

I've included a screenshot of navionics route.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181215-000025_Boating.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	296.4 KB
ID:	182240  
NC_JBird is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown