Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-10-2013, 08:48   #1

Boat: Beneteau FIRST 42
Fibber, fibber..

And this could be fun....
Over the years We've all seen folks join the forum asking simple questions about boating and within a year or so, they own a 50 foot Shannon or a Sundeer and have logged hundreds of thousands of miles and are experts at open ocean cruising..
so,
Keeping the "Be Nice" rules of the forum, what is the funniest or the most outragious post you have seen on the forum..
And please, lets not use any names........................
Randyonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:51   #2

Re: Fibber, fibber..

There is certainly no shortage of fodder around lately.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:07   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyonr3 View Post
Keeping the "Be Nice" rules of the forum, what is the funniest or the most outragious post you have seen on the forum.
So much material, so little time...

You might wanna be more specific; eg - a really out-there sailing question, or outrageous experience claim.
Lake-Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2013, 05:34   #4

It's been 2 days, so I'm telling mine....
Back in '99 all I had was a catalina 22 and I wanted some rough water experience.
I heard about this small hurricane named Floyd that was headed for Miami, like hurricanes tend to do....after all Miami is a hurricane magnet.

So, I took a couple of days off from work and loaded up my trusty ol' C-22 and headed out the St. Johns river and headed south. I hugged the coast so I could use the south current and avoid the jet...um gulf...um blue....um...whatever that stream is called going north.
The Atlantic ocean was smooth as glass and I had smooth sailing. The current was 3.5 knots, and my speed was 7.2 knots for a total ground speed of 12.2 knots...I was in heaven!

I was so close to the beach, that all of the 25 year old chicks in thongs were waving at me! I even had some offer something up....at the time I didn't really hear what it was they were offfering, but now I know....Too bad it is too late to go back and take them up on that offer!
Shoot....I couldn't believe how fast I was going. I was even passing some of those windsurfers!
I was going so fast, I made it from Mayport to Cape Canaveral in only seven hours!
After passing the Cape I had to adjust from a south current to catching the eddy's because the stream was only a quarter mile from me, but I was able to adjust quite well. I was in Miami in another 3 and a half hours!

To be continued......
Miniyot is offline   Reply With Quote