Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Our Community
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2015, 13:25   #1

Buyer beware or read about it in the forum and be warned

After being remiss in posting a complaint about a a waterfront vendor and having my report being adjudged a "vendors rant" and removed for unknowingly "hijacking" an unrelated thread, I was directed here.
I believe that we should make better use of our community facility by informing each other of those on our cruising route that take advantage of cruisers because of their transient lifestyle, that others may avoid them.
If you, like me, are annoyed by a service that promises delivery of a product if you are prepared to wait for a day or so, then attempts to sell you another lesser product, then promises delivery again and having waited another day, turns up with nothing except the promise of immediate supply of the product that you would not accept in the first place, I, for one, would like you to use this forum to warn me about that particular vendor.
Budget Marine Saint Martin right in the canal, I discovered, carry very little of their own stock. When they refer to "getting it in from the warehouse", they mean bringing it across the "lagoon" from their much larger store on the Dutch side. Just get in your dinghy and go there yourself (about 15 minutes) and maybe even compare the prices and service from the other large chandlery outlet (I shall not mention their name for fear of being seen as a "vendor's rant") It might save you money, valuable cruising time and frustration.
John Woodruff
Fantazia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 15:42   #2

Boat: Nimble Artic 26
Re: Buyer beware or read about it in the forum and be warned

Budget marine was the chandlery I used in Antigua, I was happy to find other stores in St Martin that were both less expensive and friendlier. I only visited those on the Dutch side.

Tags
rum