Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 04-11-2015, 16:40   #1

Boat: Boereal 44
Bellingham Charts?

Does anyone know what happened to Bellingham Chart Company? I know that a few years ago they were sold to someone in Florida with the name Tidesend.

I ordered over their website charts for Columbia and Ecuador a month ago and never heard a thing back from them. I called their toll free number and I got a message that system is all filled up. I have emailed them and no email back.
Did read some reviews for Bellingham Charts and all were bad and about the same response back as I got, nothing.

Does anyone know if they went out of business or the new owner is dead drunk. Lucky they have not as of yet used my credit card # but I'm still keeping an eye out for that.

Thanks
Steve

Old 04-11-2015, 17:01   #2

Boat: Outbound 46
Re: Bellingham Charts?

Experiencing the same calling and emailing sales at Tidesend. Ordered just 1 1/2 weeks ago with no confirmation email. Check out said an email was sent, but none received.
Anyone know anything about Tidesend?

Old 05-11-2015, 17:11   #3

Boat: Outbound 46

Looking at the current physical address on google maps shows that the location has other businesses that appear to have been there for awhile, maybe at least a year(dates on maps). Tampa Fl city business and tax records don't show an entry for Bellingham Chart Printers or Tides End LTD.
Old 05-11-2015, 17:56   #4

Boat: Boereal 44

Thanks J,

I filed a complaint with the Florida BBB today, I will post when and if I hear back from them.

Two years ago I talked with the new owner and ordered all my 3/4 charts from France to New Zealand, 60 pounds worth of charts. They came by Fed Ex within a week or so. He seemed like a good guy, a map head for sure. But I'm thinking he just crashed as a business and owes a lot of money to the original owner from Friday Harbor, Wa. That's my guess.

You may want to file a complaint with the BBB, it may get something going and at least we can find out more.

Cheers and good luck.
Old 05-11-2015, 18:48   #5

Boat: Luders 36

Interesting, we ordered charts from them in the middle of October and received them 2 days later. Will be interesting to see what happens in your case.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 06-11-2015, 08:16   #6

Boat: Heritage West Indies 36

I'm having the same problem. Trying to order some charts at the moment. I've sent three emails and called several times but i'm getting nothing and the phone goes to voicemail and then says 'memory full'. It all looks very fishy to me and distinctly as though no-one is there but the website is still active.

What a shame - I've had stuff from them in the past and it's been great. Does anyone know of another company anywhere that offers the same service?
Old 06-11-2015, 08:17   #7

Boat: Heritage West Indies 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jman View Post
Interesting, we ordered charts from them in the middle of October and received them 2 days later. Will be interesting to see what happens in your case.

This October? That's really recent! Damn. Maybe the guy's just gone on holiday?!
Old 06-11-2015, 11:34   #8

Boat: Luders 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefinitelyMe View Post
This October? That's really recent! Damn. Maybe the guy's just gone on holiday?!

Yup, this October.

Tags
charts

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: