Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 14-01-2017, 21:32   #271

Re: ARC 2016 the boats and the performances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polux View Post
I don't buy that regarding everybody having a bias and that is human: You mean because someone cannot afford luxury yachts, or new yachts, or maxi yachts he cannot like them or has a bias towards them? That does not make sense and it is not the case at least with many.

Sure, some cannot appreciate what they cannot own as a sailboat or anything else than what they will prefer as type of yacht for cruising and will only consider nice what they can have or the type of yacht they will favor according to their personal taste.

I would say that is not liking yachts in a general sense, since those like only what fits them. That is very narrowing in what regards a broad look on yacht design, modern and historically speaking.
Your better off sticking to your passion regarding sailboats because you have a few things to learn about people. Everyone is bias and lots of people don't even know what they are bias about but they are bias and it is part of the human experience. It's as normal as eating.

Old 15-01-2017, 06:19   #272

Boat: Comet 41s

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert sailor View Post
Your better off sticking to your passion regarding sailboats because you have a few things to learn about people. Everyone is bias and lots of people don't even know what they are bias about but they are bias and it is part of the human experience. It's as normal as eating.
It may surprise you but I try to have a look at reality with the same kind of lack of bias I have regarding sailboat design, meaning accepting that people are not the same, that cultures are different and that what is good for ones is not good for others. I love so much different cultures as I do love the differences in sailboat types. The diversity of cultures on the planet is the legacy of men and what make for its richness.

But in the end you are right, if so many people were not so biased it would not only make for a better cruising forum but also for a better world

Polux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2017, 09:13   #273

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polux View Post
It may surprise you but I try to have a look at reality with the same kind of lack of bias I have regarding sailboat design, meaning accepting that people are not the same, that cultures are different and that what is good for ones is not good for others. I love so much different cultures as I do love the differences in sailboat types. The diversity of cultures on the planet is the legacy of men and what make for its richness.

But in the end you are right, if so many people were not so biased it would not only make for a better cruising forum but also for a better world
I hear what your saying and I know you love most sailboats and being European your much more flexible in your thinking concerning cultural differences than most North Americans but we all have biases and they range from religions to politics and right down to what we like to eat and drink plus our brains are wired to reject a lot of the information that does not agree with our bias and eagerly accept the information that agrees so most of this goes on without us even being aware it's happening. Haven't you noticed how smart people are when they agree with your point of view.

Tags
arc

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: