Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-10-2018, 09:47   #1
cruiser

Boat: Retired from CF
Anyone with a truck east coast, want to rent / borrow a 30' trailer?

I just bought a Rolls Axle built 30' all-aluminum triple axle boat trailer!

It is in North Carolina, it needs to get to Connecticut. Owner says under 1200#, but I'm skeptical since capacity is over 8800#?

I have no truck, haven't started to even look for one to rent yet, but am afraid the round trip will end up costing almost as much as the trailer did.

The seller is willing to wait a few weeks for it to be picked up, but likely not 'til Christmas.

So if someone has a need to use it soon, in exchange for getting it back to CT when you're done, that would be an ideal arrangement for me.

Or once I have it, members could rent it to get that "miracle bargain" boat home.

I have few clues so far about the legal / registration / insurance issues, please help enlighten me, ideally could do so in a state that offers one-time "permanent" reg?

Oh, and no brakes, plan to put good electric/hydraulic ones on, need education there too.
john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
east coast, trailer