Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-08-2019, 06:50   #1

Albin Signoalla 34

Hi can anybody tell me how these Signoalla 34 by Albin yachts behave in open water

I can’t find anything on them but I know they are few in numbers because they didn’t sell well , so I’ve read
asistephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 01:25   #2

Boat: Nautor's Swan 431
Re: Albin Signoalla 34

The boats name is Singoalla, You get better results in Googleing with it

I’ve never sailed one but there’s a test report of it in a book named ”700 segelbåtar i test”. This book was written by the guy who tested allmost all of the sailing boats to a swedish sailing magazine ”Båtnytt”.

According to this report:
- it was ment to be a big sister to the famous Vega but only 64 boats were produced (compred to thousands of Vegas).
- the second hand value is low (here in scandinavia)
- it is very simple in terms of construction and had a very low build quality compared to othe scandinavian boats of that time. For example it had no stringers and the main bulkhead was only bolted to the hull, not laminated.
- it is light and have very rounded sections which makes it disappointing to sail.
- it has good inner volume and wide side decks

So there might be better choises than a Singoalla to choose for more open waters. An old HR Monsun 31 would be a totally differen beast and more suited to that kind of sailing. And nowadays it is reasonably cheap to buy.
ihe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2019, 04:08   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihe2 View Post
The boats name is Singoalla, You get better results in Googleing with it

I’ve never sailed one but there’s a test report of it in a book named ”700 segelbåtar i test”. This book was written by the guy who tested allmost all of the sailing boats to a swedish sailing magazine ”Båtnytt”.

According to this report:
- it was ment to be a big sister to the famous Vega but only 64 boats were produced (compred to thousands of Vegas).
- the second hand value is low (here in scandinavia)
- it is very simple in terms of construction and had a very low build quality compared to othe scandinavian boats of that time. For example it had no stringers and the main bulkhead was only bolted to the hull, not laminated.
- it is light and have very rounded sections which makes it disappointing to sail.
- it has good inner volume and wide side decks

So there might be better choises than a Singoalla to choose for more open waters. An old HR Monsun 31 would be a totally differen beast and more suited to that kind of sailing. And nowadays it is reasonably cheap to buy.
This Is really useful information thank you
asistephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2020, 14:47   #4

Boat: Albin Singoalla 34'

I’ve owned a Singoalla for the past 8 years, sailing Puget Sound, BC Canada, but have never taken her offshore. She sails beautifully, points high, comfortable in a chop, stable in a strong wind, I’ve tried to get her rail down sailing upwind in a blow, and at hull speed can’t even get it close to the water. It has a fin keel, but tracks like a keel boat, very common for us to just let go of the wheel and let it self steer at what ever point of sail you want (beam reach to upwind). Safe comfortable cockpit, nice wide decks. A light boat (8,800 lbs) that thinks it’s medium size cruiser. This is my boat...
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...79473984442948
Canoe52 is offline   Reply With Quote