Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Our Community
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-09-2016, 08:19   #1

advice for daysailing tomorrow in Boston?

Hi!

I'm taking a Sonar out with my mom tomorrow in Boston Harbor. I've only gone out in the Harbor twice, once in a chart-reading class, and another time staying just in the inner half of the Inner Harbor. I've sailed Sonars a fair amount, but only on the Charles River.

I'd love to have any advice people can provide, especially about where to stop for a bathroom break, etc. If we do leave the Inner Harbor, we won't go far - maybe stop at Spectacle Island Marina? Maybe go around Spectacle Island?

Stopping at Liberty Wharf may also be good, or going into the Mystic River and stopping at a restaurant with a dock.

My understanding is there isn't too much to worry about in the Inner Harbor. Outside the Inner Harbor I know I should be very careful about staying where it's deep enough, away from hazards. I'm bringing a chart (and also a phone app with a chart).

The forecast tomorrow is for 5-10 knot wind.

How does this sound? I'd appreciate any tips/advice anyone can provide.

I'm new here so I apologize if this forum isn't the right place for my question.

Thanks,
David
DavidFromBoston is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sail, sailing