Re: Adventure Yachts brokerage experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailpower View Post
Nonsense.

Please cite the applicable law.
Gladly,.

http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr...nse_yacht.html

YACHT AND SHIP BROKERS AND SALESPERSONS

A*yacht and ship broker*is someone who performs the services of buying and/or selling a previously owned yacht on behalf of another person, for compensation.* The term “yacht” is defined as any vessel in the water which is propelled by sail or machinery and exceeds 32 feet in length and weighs less than 300 gross tons.*

A*yacht and ship salesperson*is someone who is employed by a yacht broker to perform the services of a broker.* If you are going to hire someone to perform the services of a yacht broker or salesperson in Florida, they need to be licensed. *Yacht brokers and salespersons are also required to carry a good and sufficient surety bond or letter of credit.

The Yacht and Ship Brokers’ Act establishes jurisdiction to regulate the activities of brokers and salespersons of yachts in Florida. These persons are licensed and regulated by the Yacht and Ship Brokers’ Section, a sub-unit of the Division of Florida Condominiums, Timeshares, and Mobile Homes. The section is located in Tallahassee and performs licensing, educational, and investigative functions with consumer protection as the primary focus of the regulation. The section processes licenses and responds to consumer complaints and inquiries concerning activities within the industry.

The following items are offered as examples of services that require an individual with a Florida license to perform, and services that do not require an individual with a Florida license to perform.**The list is not all inclusive. If you have specific questions, please contact the Yacht and Ship Brokers’ Section at 850.487.2987 or by email at**yacht&shipbrokers.ctmh@dbpr.state.fl.us.

You can also visit the Section’s website in order to access Chapter 326, F.S., Administrative Rules, Division forms, and FAQ at **http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr...htandShip.html

Sent from my PLT1077G using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app

Old 23-07-2016, 16:09   #47
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: V45

Well; what a scoundrel....... whilst alleging to be a christian. What does the bible say say about an eye for an eye? He is going to sue you for what? Telling the truth? A bitter lesson and one we now all know about.

Old 23-07-2016, 19:08   #48

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 430

This guy needs to be taken out before he hurts even more people. The christian thing is nothing but a facade to mascarade his intentional criminal intent. I wish I was wrong but does not look like it. Is there something anyone based in the USA can do? Report to the FBI? Anything that would help the OP would help the rest of us as well.
Old 23-07-2016, 19:18   #49

Boat: Hallberg Rassy 35. and 14ft.Whitehall pulling skiff.

It would be a lot easier to just read a contract.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"

http://wwwjolielle.blogspot.com/
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 19:30   #50

Boat: Hallberg Rassy 35. and 14ft.Whitehall pulling skiff.

Yikes!
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"

http://wwwjolielle.blogspot.com/
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 21:05   #51

POP Yachts. What else would you expect?

Obviously drunk.
Old 23-07-2016, 21:51   #52
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor

Boat: FP Athena 38' Poerava

I think we've all been students at one time or another of the school of hard knocks.
As the bumper sticker says " If you think education is expensive, try ignorance"

But in defense of the dying "old school" my Dad made me attend growing up , if we shake hands you had better mean it, because I do.
Tellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 07:22   #53

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 50

Hmmm. Always a good idea to read a contract before signing.
BTW I wouldn't bother paying him. Sounds like a try on.
Old 24-07-2016, 08:32   #54

Boat: lancer 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcesuenos View Post
My comment was "If the broker is indeed not a licensed broker "(pretty clear there) Any brokerage contract would be quite fraudulent and not valid, not to mention illegal and breaking state laws . Guess you missed that part?

now you're grabbing at straws to continue your argument. a poster established early on the the particular broker is licensed to sell in florida. you don't know any more than i do if state laws have been broken. in every state i've seen a license is not required to broker boats under thirty feet or so. what florida is i haven't a clue and neither of us know the size of the boat in the op's original question. so sure, continue to argue your what if's and how about that to your heart's content if you think it'll in any way help.
Old 24-07-2016, 09:08   #55

Boat: 1980 Morgan 415

I'm sure that many members here are realtors and more than a few boat brokers.

The first rule in that game is "Get Paid" not customer satisfaction. The threat of legal action is as common as "good morning" in Starbucks.

If indeed you feel wronged let him take it to court. He might not bother with it.
Old 24-07-2016, 09:15   #56

Boat: lancer 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap Erict3 View Post
I'm sure that many members here are realtors and more than a few boat brokers.

The first rule in that game is "Get Paid" not customer satisfaction. The threat of legal action is as common as "good morning" in Starbucks.

If indeed you feel wronged let him take it to court. He might not bother with it.
indeed, address the issue in court if he cannot resolve the conflict otherwise as any mature adult would but noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, he plasters his problem in an open forum of sailors.
Old 24-07-2016, 09:39   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbogie View Post
indeed, address the issue in court if he cannot resolve the conflict otherwise as any mature adult would but noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, he plasters his problem in an open forum of sailors.
Unfortunately these days, the threat of publicly exposing bad conduct is far more damaging than losing out on $2500. If what the OP states is true or least genuinely believes it to be, then I don't see an issue with him posting it as a warning to others on a relevant forum - in addition to seeking appropriate legal advice.
Old 24-07-2016, 09:54   #58

Boat: 38' French Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbogie View Post
now you're grabbing at straws to continue your argument. a poster established early on the the particular broker is licensed to sell in florida. you don't know any more than i do if state laws have been broken. in every state i've seen a license is not required to broker boats under thirty feet or so. what florida is i haven't a clue and neither of us know the size of the boat in the op's original question. so sure, continue to argue your what if's and how about that to your heart's content if you think it'll in any way help.
I was not continuing the argument, but it really seems like you are at this point. when I had posted my op post 18,, it was before anyone came out w proof he was licensed post#21. And in the case of if he did not carry a valid license but used brokerage/ sales contracts on applicable vessels he was indeed breaking a state law. Did you start at the beginning??

Old 24-07-2016, 10:57   #59

Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.

I am not pro Brokers or salesmen, however there maybe more to this story than one side.
For example had the broker been berthing the boat? It would be interesting to see the contract.
Old 24-07-2016, 16:16   #60

Boat: 1980 Morgan 415

Robert Ringer disciples make up the bulk of the most successful brokers of other people's property. Hand shake deals carry no weight with that group.

Tags
enc, yacht

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: